Pompeii Ruins And Naples National Archaeological Museum Private Tour
OverviewJoin this amazing tour to live a full immersion experience in the Ancient Roman history and culture, with a deep overview on the mos (habits and decorum) of the time. You will visit archaeological site of Pompeii first - where your guide will lead you along the streets of the city and will then move to the MANN to complete your tour next to the historical centre of Naples.
Know More about this tour
It was the 79AC when the Volcano Vesuvius eruption caused the burial and destruction of the Roman city settled on its slopes Pompeii. The urban settlement was completely covered by layers of ashes and lava, and for centuries the memory of this ancient culture was remembered in the Plinius the Youngs letters to his friends. He himself indeed, managed to survive, and narrates to the posterity the dread of the events, and his sorrow for the friends left behind.
Your guide will lead you into the streets of the Ancient city, showing you the gymnasium, the theatres, the old bakeries and the ancestor of what today would be considered a fast food. You will then see the Isis temple, the house of Menander and the magnificent baths. On your way you will even find the lupanariae, the red-light district, and will end your tour in the Forum the central square, where politicians used to make their speeches, temples where built, and merchants sold their products.
After a break for lunch, you will arrange a meeting point with your guide (usually the front stairs of the Museum) to continue the tour. As you will realize, the Archaeological Museum hosts a collection of statues, relics and frescoes from Pompeii and the bordering areas.
You will even visit the famous Gabinetto Segreto del Re reproducing a section of the red-light district and the restored an lately opened to the public Egyptian section one of the biggest in Italy.
The tour will last more or less 6 hours.
At the end of the tour, your guide will be happy to provide you additional info, suggestions and directions.
You will absolutely love this tour!
Inclusions for Pompeii Ruins And Naples National Archaeological Museum Private Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Exclusions for Pompeii Ruins And Naples National Archaeological Museum Private Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii Day Trip from Naples
- Naples Food Walking Tour
- Ischia Opera Season: The Three Tenors
- Positano and Amalfi semi-private
- Full-Day Positano and Amalfi Cruise from Naples
- Positano and Amalfi boat tour from Naples
- Positano & Amalfi Boat Exprerience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From Naples
- Positano & Amalfi Boat Exprerience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From San Giorgio