Pompeii Ruins And Roman Lunch
OverviewTo visit itshouses and streets is almost like to make a journey into the past. Hereon the site there are numerous traces of what the daily life of Romans was like before the eruption in A.D. 79.This tour gives you the possibility to visit for 3 hours with a local archaeological guide one of the most famous tourist attraction in the world.After the walk in the ruins You will have a lunch in a typical reenactedThermopolia: a sort of snack bar which was widely popular duringthat time.Diners sit on wooden chairs around a wooden table as the Romans used to do. Plates and glasses are made of authentic terracotta, the waiters are dressed as senators or Roman maids and all the dishes are cooked according to the recipes of the famous Roman chief and gourmet Marco Gavio Apicio.The diners will be served by waiters dress as senators and maids.
Know More about this tour
- Meeting point at the main gate of Pompeii ruins called "Porta Marina Superiore"
- The clients don't need to queue for the tickets, our tour guide can buy the tickets skipping the line
- 3-hours guided tour with the following highlights: the newly open buildings,the Marina Gate, the Basilica (court house), the Forum, the Sarno Baths, the Triangular Forum, the Teatro Grande, the Odeon (small theatre), the House of Menander, the Lupanar (brothel), the Bakery, House of the Faun, the Forum Baths, the restaurant calledTermopolium Capuano, the House of Tragic Poet, the Plaster casts, the Temple of Jupiter, the Temple of Apollo, the Temple of Venus.
- After the visit clients will be accompanied at the Restaurant where they have a lunch with typical Roman dishes that are cooked as the famous Roman gourmet "Marco Gavio Apicio".You will taste typical ancient Roman foods such as: whole grain bread, lupines in laurel leaf, delicious duck, vegetable soup, eggs, pork shank, sweet cake and half amphora of spiced wine.
Inclusions for Pompeii Ruins And Roman Lunch
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Mulsum (half Amphora of spiced wine)
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Pompeii Ruins And Roman Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Closed shoes are reccommended to walk in Pompeii
Sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended in Summer in Pompeii
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Pompeii's Archaeological Site Walking Tour
- Mt. Vesuvius Wine Tasting and Lunch Experience from Pompeii
- Capri Anacapri All Inclusive with Limoncello Tasting & Blue Grotto Option From Pompeii
- Capri & Sorrento Boat Experience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From Pompeii
- Capri & Sorrento Easy Boat Experience Daily Tour From Pompeii
- Wine Tasting on the Slopes of Vesuvius Including Lunch
- Pompeii at opening time tour
- Private Tour: Campania Food and Wine Day Trip from Pompeii