OverviewTake a lantern-lit ghost tour of the Port Arthur Historic Site, one of the most haunted locations in Australia! Hear spooky tales about this UNESCO World Heritage-listed former penal colony, including chilling paranormal encounters from the present day, and enjoy after-hours access to Port Arthurs atmospheric grounds and buildings.
Know More about this tourWhen the gates to Port Arthur Historic Site close to the general public, enter a haunted world on your lamp-lit, after-hours tour of one of Tasmania's most famous World Heritage Sites.
With its ruins and remote location, spooky Port Arthur is tailor-made for ghost tours. The ghoulish stories youll hear date from 1870 to much more recent times -- more than 2,000 paranormal experiences have been encountered in almost 25 years of ghost tours held at Port Arthur. Chances are, you might be next to come face-to-face with a ghost at this poignant and tragic site!
With only the light of lanterns to guide you -- and the shadows of eerie ruins looming at every step -- its easy to feel the presence of souls long gone. Hear tales of disembodied voices, ghostly footsteps and apparitions as you visit approximately half the historic site, taking in the 19th-century penal settlement buildings and grounds.
At the end of the tour, safely returned to the bright lights of the visitor center, youll receive a Certificate of Bravery and Courage as a reminder of your spine-chilling tour of one of Australias most haunted sites.
Inclusions for Port Arthur Ghost Tour
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Certificate of Bravery and Courage at completion of tour
Exclusions for Port Arthur Ghost Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Itinerary:Please note: Port Arthur Visitor Centre has commenced work on their much anticipated upgrade. This redevelopment will have a minor impact on your visit, however we would like to highlight the initial changes to enable you to make the most of your visit:
- You will be able to collect your entry tickets from temporary booths just outside the front doors of the Visitor Centre
- The Gift Shop has moved to two new locations on site – the Policeman’s Residence and the Asylum
- The most popular parts of the Interpretation Gallery, the Lottery of Life and Convict Research Centre have moved to Farm Overseer’s Cottage (behind the Separate Prison)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for children aged 13 and under
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.