Port Elizabeth Shore Excursion: Port Elizabeth Walking Tour
OverviewA walking city tour through the inner city of one of the oldest cities in South Africa.Situated on the shores of the Indian Ocean, overlooking Algoa Bay, Port Elizabeth flaunts an atmosphere of relaxed year-round fun and excitement. A temperate all year round climate makes anytime a good time to visit this bustling port city. The breathtaking seashore boasts a perfect combination of warm water, protected beaches and invigorating sea breezes. Here you will find some of the world's best sailing venues, first-rate scuba diving with colourful coral species, beautiful reefs and shipwrecks, near perfect conditions for wind-surfing, angling, snorkelling, kite-surfing, fly-fishing and canoeing. Port Elizabeth is a nature lovers dream come boasting 5 different biomes within the city limits.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tour
The city tours start from the Campanile Memorial - an important landmark situated in the heart of the city. We then proceed to follow route 67 - an exciting arts and culture heritage trail that runs through the city. Route 67 incorporates 67 art works that were completed by 67 local artists, these include both historical and modern day pieces that showcase South African history and the people and culture of the Eastern Cape. It also pays tribute to Nelson Mandelas 67 years of service to South Africans.
The tour also includes a visit to the Donkin Reserve at Belmont Terrace and the old lighthouse that offers the best views of the city. Here you will find yourself surrounded by a mix of exquisite old Victorian churches, newly renovated terraced cottages on Donkin Street; and a lighthouse that once guided ships into Algoa Bay.Itinerary:
9.30am: Pick up from cruise ship terminal
10am: Start of walking tour
11.30am: Refreshment stop
12.30pm: End of walking tour
1pm: Drop off at cruise ship terminal
Inclusions for Port Elizabeth Shore Excursion: Port Elizabeth Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Port Elizabeth Shore Excursion: Port Elizabeth Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A small amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.