Port Elizabeth Walking City Tour
OverviewExplore Port elizabeth aka the Windy City, Ibhayi (the bay in isiXhosa) or the Friendly City as it is affectionately known by locals. This coastal hub in the Eastern Cape has many hidden treasures and some amazing history.Join us in discovering why Nelson Mandela chose to have his name bestowed upon this city! #DiscoverFreedom
Know More about this tour
A walking city tour through the inner city of one of the oldest cities in South Africa.
Our city tours start from the Campanile Memorial - an important landmark situated at the entrance to the railway station.We then proceed to follow route 67 -an exciting trail that combines the best elements both historical and modern-day of the people and culture of the Eastern Cape. It also pays tribute to Madibas 67 years of service to South Africans.
The tour also includes a visit to theDonkin Reserve at Belmont Terraceand the old lighthouse. Here youwill find yourself surrounded by a mix of exquisite old Victorian churches; newly renovated, terraced cottages on Donkin Street; anda lighthouse that once guided ships into Algoa Bay, today it provides a panoramic view of the city. Other attractions include: Fort Frederick, City Hall, Market Square, the city library and St Georges park, the oldest cricket ground in South Africa.
Be sure to get a picture next toa large metal cut-out of Nelson Mandela, fist raised in triumph, leading a line of South Africans representing the voters who cast their ballots in the country's first democratic electionson 27 April 1994.
Inclusions for Port Elizabeth Walking City Tour
- Local guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Port Elizabeth Walking City Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A small amount of walking is involved
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.