Portage Glacier Cruise And Wildlife Explorer Tour - Anchorage
OverviewImmerse yourself in the natural beauty of Alaska on an outing that showcases the state's striking geographical features and abundant native wildlife. Spot hanging glaciers and Dall sheep as you drive along Turnagain Arm, then take an unforgettable cruise right up to the face of Portage Glacier.Guided Tour along the Turnagain Arm, one of the worlds greatest scenic drivesOne hour cruise to the face of Portage Glacier with Park Service RangerWalk or ride through the Alaska Wildlife Conversation Center to view Alaska's most spectacular animals up closeReturn transportation to Anchorage with picturesque photo stops
Know More about this tour
Get picked up at your hotel in Anchorage and board a shuttle for a scenic drive along the tidal flats of the Turnagain Arm. Watch the surrounding mountains for Dall sheep on rocky precipices, keep your eyes on the water to spot beluga whales, and listen to your guide share facts about the area's history, from its discovery by Captain Cook to the 1800s Gold Rush.
At the 140-acre (57-ha) Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, check out more than 12 species of native Alaskan animals in majestic settings. Find out about the center's mission to provide refuge for orphaned, injured, and ill animals that cant survive in the wild, and learn how they've cared for hundreds of displaced animals thanks to generous visitors. Don't forget to swing by the gift shop to browse a wide selection of souvenirs and then head out to board your boat.
Take an unforgettable glacier cruise right up to the face of Portage Glacier, just 50 miles (80 km) south of Anchorage. Motor to within 300 feet (91 m) of the mammoth wall of ice and listen for the unmistakable rumbling of a calving glacier, waiting for the movement when a huge block of ice crashes into the lake.
Inclusions for Portage Glacier Cruise And Wildlife Explorer Tour
Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
Exclusions for Portage Glacier Cruise And Wildlife Explorer Tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please provide hotel information at booking
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.