Porto Food And Wine Tasting Tour
OverviewEat your way around Porto on this must-do 4-hour food tour, visiting the citys top cafs and markets. Discover Portuguese classics like the bolinho de bacalhau codfish, and sample seductively sweet custard tarts. With a local guide at your side, youll sample the citys famous export Port while hearing the history of the countrys beloved gastronomy.
- Fully narrated tour
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your guide near the Bolho market in Porto, stroll around the city to learn about its gastronomic heritage. The best place to sample Portugals traditional cuisine is, of course, in Porto, and your guide will introduce you to all the locals favorite places.
Start with a traditional Portuguesesweet, the nata,in a spot near the busy commercial area. From there, head to Bolho Market a colorful open-air arcade that sells nearly every food under the sun. Breathe in the aroma of freshly baked bread, and browse stalls selling artistically arranged cheeses and glistening mounds of fruit.
Continue to a shop that has specialized in cheese and smoked ham for more than 100 years, and then try a classic bifana (pork sandwich) with a beer.
In nearby tavern, one of the oldest, sample the classic "bolinhos de bacalhau" along with a shot of a little-known liquor.
Learn about Portugals nectar of the gods, Port wine, as you visit a specialist wine bar that has more than 230 different offerings. To finish your tour on a high note, visit a generations-old traditional tavern to sample some of Portos delicious tapas treats.
Your tour finishes near Aliados Avenue.
Inclusions for Porto Food And Wine Tasting Tour
- Local guide
- Food, coffee and Port samples
Exclusions for Porto Food And Wine Tasting Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A small amount of walking is involved
The places visited for the tastings may vary according to the group size on the day of the tour
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.