Porto Walking Tour
OverviewGet to know the history of Porto on this 4-hour walking tour with an expert local guide! Explore the citys UNESCO World Heritage-listed historic center, seeing Baroque churches and the incredible Porto Cathedral. Hear of Moorish invasions and see some of the citys more modern highlights, like the wine cellars where its famous Port (fortified wine) is aged, and its iconic iron bridge Ponte de Dom Luis I.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Porto's S neighborhood, and set off on a walking tour around Portos historical center. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the ancient city dates back to the 4th century and its rich history is set in its stones.
Hear how it originated as an outpost of the Roman Empire, growing to survive Moorish and Castilian invasions, before being largely destroyed by the French in the 19th century. See influences left by its different rulers as you walk around, admiring beautiful old palaces and Baroque churches.
See Porto Cathedral in all its Romanesque glory, and walk past the Church of Santa Clara a gorgeous Baroque gem. Stroll along Aliados Avenue to see a monument to King Peter IV a monarch held in high regard in Porto -- and soak up the bustling ambiance of Liberdade Square.
Alongside Portos historical sites, see some of the citys more modern attractions like Ponte de Dom Luis I a double-decker iron bridge that was engineered by an apprentice of Gustave Eiffel. Admire the classic Rabelo boats (flat-bottomed cargo vessels) lined up along the quay, and then walk past the Port cellars where the citys famous fortified wine is aged and bottled.
After walking around town, continue on your own from Ribeira Square, where your tour finishes.
Inclusions for Porto Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Porto Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.