OverviewBeing the first region in the world to be demarcated for wine, the Douro Valley is now World Heritage by UNESCO and famous for an unusual and fantastic scenery. This tour takes you to discover the towns of Amarante, Régua and Pinhão and even gives you the opportunity to have a wine tasting of Port.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tour
We leave Porto heading Amarante and its traditional streets, with buildings in local materials like granite, offering unique sites and monuments worthy of note as the wonderful Convent and Church of São Gonçalo and the beautiful and imposing bridge. If you prefer, you can take a visit to the Municipal Museum Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso.
On our way to Régua we stop at a viewpoint in Mesão Frio.
The history of how barrels of wine had been carried in Rabelo boats down Douro River can be witnessed in the Casa do Douro, with stained glass windows where you can see depicted the history of the Douro Region. The train station, where the first train arrived in 1879 is a must see.
Before we leave to Pinhão you can visit the Douro Museum and get to know the whole history of Port Wine.
Pinhao is a land of rivers and valleys and vineyards and houses climbing up the slopes, make this one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. We suggest a walk along the river, passing through the train station with its typical tiles and then we head to a farm for a Port wine tasting.
Inclusions for Porto Wine Tour Full Day
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional driver
- Port Wine Tasting
Exclusions for Porto Wine Tour Full Day
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A minimum of 1 (Adults) people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.