The splendid bay of Portofino is like a jewel set in the lush greenery of the Promontory. With its tall, colourful houses huddled in a semicircle around the Piazzetta, or town square, Portofino, once a typical Ligurian fishing village, is now one of the world’s most acclaimed resorts. An exclusive destination attracting international tourism, its atmosphere still offers a taste of bygone days with the timeless traditions connected to the sea and the painstaking artisan crafts which embody the colours and scents of Liguria. Upon arrival you will be offered a tasty appetizer in the small square overlooking the little port. A visit to the Church of San Giorgio or Brown Castle, a stroll down to the lighthouse or a hike along any of the numerous pathways over the mountain down to the village of San Fruttuoso offer delightful sensations, enhanced by the views of spectacular nature drenched in Mediterranean sunshine. Subsequently the boat arrives in San Fruttuoso, a small fishing village located in a splendid bay at the foot of Mount Portofino, reachable only by sea or on foot, following the trails of Portofino Park. The extraordinary spot is dominated by the Abbey of San Fruttuoso di Capodimonte. This splendid monument, now part of the heritage of FAI - the Italian Environment Found - has extremely old origins, dating back to the 8th century. Around the abbey develop a small beach, a church, the tower of the Doria and a few fishermen’s cottages that are reflected in emerald blue sea, on a dark green background of pine trees. Here we have free time for a nice relaxing swim in the limpid and crystalline water or sunbathing on the beach. An underwater statue of Christ, known as the Christ of the Depths, protector of divers, stands at the bottom of the Bay.
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 1 Days
English, Chinese, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
Departure Details :
Meeting point: Montecatini, Piazza Italia – Check point Bus, near the train station Departure time: 08:00 am (check in closes 15min before departure) Return point: Montecatini, Piazza Italia &.. read more
OverviewDiscover the beauty of Portofino and enjoy views of the port as you savor an appetizer in the town square. Take the boat to San Fruttuoso to visit the extraordinary Abbey of San Fruttoso di Capodimonte and enjoy a swim and some time at a nearby beach.
- Self-guided visit of Portofino and San Fruttuoso.
- Free time to take a swim in the sea.
Know More about this tour
- Free pick up on request
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Welcome drink in Portofino
- Ferry boat tickets
- If you cancel between 0 days To 2 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Half-Day Afternoon Chianti Tour from Montecatini
- Siena, San Gimignano and Chianti Wine full-day from Montecatini Terme
- Chianti Classico tour with dinner by Minivan from Pisa or Lucca
- Florence Pizza and Gelato Cooking Class from Montecatini
- The Best of Cinque Terre full-day from Montecatini Terme
- Cinque Terre Full Day Tour from Montecatini
- Panoramic Vespa Tour of Florence from Montecatini