Postojna Cave And Lake Bled Small-Group Tour From LjubljanaWrite a Review
You will visit two of Slovenia's most known sights in one day: the mesmerizing beauty of Postojna Caves with the mysterious Predjama castle and the fairytale Bled. You will explore this wonderful underground world and then excite our imagination with the striking medieval castle of Predjama. Then you will be driven to Bled, an Alpine resort town, often described as the "Image of Paradise" where you will be enchanted by the emerald-green lake, fairytale-like island and imposing castle reigning on top of a rocky cliff.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide at your centrally located Ljubljana hotel for a full day tour of Postojna cave and Lake Bled. Buckle-up in a cozy air-conditioned minivan/car and drive about half an hour through rural Slovenia towards Postojna.
First stop will be at Postojna caves with a mysterious Predjama castle. After enjoying in the mysterious underground world you will drive to the Lake Bled observing a beautiful countryside with forests and mountain ranges. Then, arrive and enjoy a moment to view the blue topaz waters that surround the forest green Bled Island like an iris around a pupil. Observe the Church of the Assumption of Mary on the rock islet and realize its insignificance as you see the Julian Alps rise in the background. Next, step onto a traditional two-oared wooden pletna for a short paddle to Bled Island (own expense). After a 15-minute ride, hop onto the island and spend a half hour exploring on your own. Stop for a bite at the cafe and taste a traditional Slovenian nut roll called potica (own expense) or stroll into the church (own expense). Reconvene with your guide and journey to Bled Castle (own expense) which was built on a precipice during the 11th Century. Explore its restored Renaissance towers that give an eagle eye view of the city below. Hear how its strategic locations played an important role in medieval history. Enter the museum to see its artifacts, armor and weaponry. Spend some free time to capture unparalleled views of Lake Bled from atop the cliff. Cruise back down to the lake and enjoy some leisure time to snap a selfie or grab a snack at a local cafe (own expense). As you drive back to your hotel, relax with memorable views of lush Slovenia.
Inclusions for Postojna Cave And Lake Bled Small-Group Tour From Ljubljana
- Transportation with car/van
- English-speaking guide/driver
- Entrance fee to Postojna caves
- Entrance fee to Predjama castle
- Sightseeing tour of Bled
- Hotel pickup and drop-off service
Exclusions for Postojna Cave And Lake Bled Small-Group Tour From Ljubljana
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pletna boat ride to the island (14€/per)
- Entrance to the church on Church of St. Mary's Assumption (6€/per)
- Entrance to Bled Castle (10€/per)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults. Children must be accompanied by an adult
A small amount of walking is involved
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply for the Group tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.