Potsdam Walking Tour From Berlin
OverviewEnjoy a 6-hour tour from Berlin to the incredibly picturesque Potsdam. With many palaces, lakes, manicured gardens and water fountains dotted over hundreds of green acres, it is easy to forget that Potsdam is brimming with an equally fascinating history. Join us for the day on an unforgettable trip just outside of Berlin. Come see why the palaces and parks of Potsdam were designated a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1990.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Seasonal Offer
- Led by a local guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourStroll around the Dutch Quarter, an ensemble of red-brick buildings that is unique in Europe. The infamous 'Soldier King', Frederick William I, (renowned for the giant men he collected for his showcase military regiments), had the houses built in the middle of the 18th century to accommodate Potsdam's new community of Dutch artisans.
See the stunning Sanssouci Palace, favorite residence of Frederick the Great, which is set in beautiful parkland scattered with temples, churches and follies.
After crossing the Glienicke 'spy swapping' Bridge, we visit Cecilienhof, the manorial residence of Germany's last Crown Prince, which was used to host the Potsdam Conference in 1945. We describe the discussions that took place between Churchill, Truman and Stalin, which were to seal the fate of Cold War Europe for the next half century.
Inclusions for Potsdam Walking Tour From Berlin
- Local taxes
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Walking tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Potsdam Walking Tour From Berlin
- Tour does not include entrance to the palaces, this is a 'street level' tour.
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions, 7 per person for an ABC day pass
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
This tour requires an ABC Zone train ticket
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3 Hour Walking Tour to Central Berlin's Highlights
- 3 Hours Segway Discovery Tour Berlin
- A great day in Berlin with a private guide
- The Original Berlin World War II Third Reich Private Tour
- Soviet Berlin - Risen from ruins
- Soviet Berlin compact - private tour
- Bitemojo self-guided culinary tours of Berlin: Prenzlauer Berg Vegan Food Tour
- Bitemojo self-guided culinary tours of Berlin: Charlottenburg Food Tour