Packed with bars, beer halls and breweries, Prague is considered one of the best places in Europe to drink. Join your guide and fellow beer lovers and taste your way through Prague’s lively bar scene on this 5-hour evening tour. Visit favorite local beer halls, pubs and a microbrewery in the Å½iÅ¾kov district and Old Town to sample local brews paired with typical Czech ‘tapas’ like hearty pork chili, cheese and pickled sausage. As you sip and savor, your guide will entertain you with stories about Prague’s history and heritage, from the Middle Ages to today. You'll soon discover why beer is so central in Prague's culture.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourStart in Wenceslas Square in the evening, and set out to discover Prague’s bustling beer scene on a leisurely walk through the city. Take the tram and metro where necessary (tickets are included), and visit beloved beer sanctuaries, buzzing local hotspots, popular beer halls and a microbrewery. As you explore, hear about the city’s history, culture and heritage, and learn how Wenceslas Square is tied with Communism and the Velvet Revolution of 1989.
Hop on the tram and head to a favorite local beer hall in Å½iÅ¾kov, a former industrial suburb that has become the center of Prague's rough-and-tumble nightlife. Choose from 10 kinds of beer, from the most famous Czech brands to lesser-known brews from small Czech microbreweries. Pair your beer with hearty pork chili, served with horseradish and mustard. Surrounded by walls adorned with pictures of the Communist Czech presidents, you'll hear stories about life under Communism as you enjoy your beer.
Board the metro and head to a pub in the Vinohrady area that has 27 beers on tap. Let your guide help you choose, and sample some pickled sausage; it’s a classic Czech beer snack. From Vinohrady, head to a surprise pub that’s chosen by your guide on the day. Perhaps it has a band due to play there, or a speciality beer on sale.
Next up is a pub in Prague Old Town. Here, sample Pilsner Urquell, the most famous Czech beer, from a tank rather than a keg. You will also learn about the birth of Pilsner, one of the most famous beers in the world.
Enjoy the fresh air as you walk to a cozy brewery pub near the Old Town square where you tour ends. As there are so many more beer venues to enjoy in Prague, your guide will leave you with a map of the city’s best beer halls. Enjoy!
Inclusions for Prague Beer And Czech Tapas Evening Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Tram/metro tickets
- 5 small beers
- 4 samples of traditional snacks ('Czech tapas')
- Prague beer map
Exclusions for Prague Beer And Czech Tapas Evening Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is 18 years
Itinerary is subject to change
Tasting of Czech 'beer tapas' is one portion split between two people
Be aware that smoking is not forbidden in Czech beer halls
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.