OverviewDelve into the treasures of Prague Castle and Castle District on this 3-hour walking tour with an expert guide. Stroll across the Vltava River and roam the delightful MalÃ¡ Strana district beneath the castle before entering the walled complex, the seat of Czech rulers from early medieval times. See the stately gardens, courtyards, palaces and churches such as St Georges Basilica; visit magnificent St Vitus Cathedral; and explore Golden Lane, home to tiny, colorful cottages that were once homes to the castle's archers and goldsmiths.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide in central Prague and set out on your 3-hour walking tour of Prague’s Castle and Castle District. Perched above the Vltava River, this vast complex is the world’s largest ancient castle and was once the seat of Bohemia’s kings, Holy Roman Emperors and Czechoslovakia’s presidents.
First, stroll across the Vltava River and absorb the views of its bridges as your guide gives you a fascinating rundown of Prague’s history and major landmarks.
Across the river, make your way into Malá Strana, the Baroque district set below the castle walls. Amble down the cobbled streets and stop for photos at Malá’s 18th-century St Nicholas Church and World War II memorial.
Next, ride a tram up to the castle and enter via the North Gate, crossing the Royal Gardens and Powder Bridge into stately Hradčany Square. Admire the Schwarzenberg Palace and statue to Czechoslovakia’s first president, Tomas Masaryks, in the square, and then walk into the Second Courtyard.
Feel the power of the former Hapsburg Empire in this neoclassical courtyard, and then enter the stunning Third Courtyard, home to the mighty St Vitus Cathedral.
Head inside with your guide to see the majestic interior of the cathedral — one of Europe’s largest — and then continue past the Golden Gate, Vladislav Hall and St George’s Basilica to Golden Lane, a cobbled street of cottages that once housed castle archers, artisans and goldsmiths.
Dip inside some of the 11 cottages, some converted into tiny boutique shops, and some styled to recreate medieval life, and hear how Czech writer Franz Kafka lived here between 1916 and 1917.
Leave the castle near the Eastern Black Tower and admire the city views from the hillside. Your tour then ends here or at Charles Bridge when you bid farewell to your guide.
Inclusions for Prague Castle And Castle District Walking Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Prague Castle And Castle District Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- One-way tram ticket (approx. 24 CZK)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.