Prague Christmas Market Private TourWrite a Review
Set off for a tour of your life with a best tour guide in Prague!Â I would like to invite you for a tour aroundÂ Prague at Christmas time, the most beautiful period within the whole year, to become your guide to hidden corners, little-known places, unusual objects, and common life in Prague. I am offering a friendly approach, perfect knowledge of history and monuments, fluent English and of course my big love of Prague. I believe that I can make your stay in Prague an unforgettable experience that you will always remember.Â I will pick you up in a lobby ofÂ theÂ hotel you are staying in at 9am, and start with a short information session to disscus your plans and answer all your questions. During this tour you are going to visitÂ Strahov Monastery, Monastic Brewery from 1400 and its magnificent library halls, Loreto church and ÄÂernÃn Palace, Prague Castle Complex, the Charles Bridge, the Old Town Square with a famous Astronomical clock and former Jewish Town.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Ideal choice for families
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourThe unique atmosphere of the most charming Christmas markets in the world! Those held in Prague can pride themselves on having been voted the most beautiful of these events by the USA Today readers in an extensive opinion poll.
I will pick you up at 9am in a lobby of the hotel you are staying in with a private car or minivan and the professional driver.
Our first stop will be a Strahov Monastery.The Royal Canonry of Premonstratensians at Strahov is one of the oldest monasteries of the Premonstratensian Order in the world. It has been a working monastery practically ever since it was founded in 1143. Fire, the Hussite Wars, religious wars, and the Communists all failed to shut down this institution. Even when the members of the monastery were unable to live within its walls, they gathered wherever they could and nurtured the spirit of their House until they were able to return to the monastery complex. We are going to visit the most beautiful library in the world. There are two halls in the Strahov library. The first one to be built, is the Theological Hall.It was designed by Abbot Jeroným Hirnhaim and the architect Giovanni Domennico Orsi. There are tons of books on the walls. In the center of the room are research items, like the 1678 compilation wheel, which is like a rotating shelf for scribes. They put texts on it if they wanted to copy or refer to them while working. By the end of the century,the library's Philosophical Hall was built. Our next stop will be a Roman catholic church Loreto, famous for its bells from Holland, the carillon.One of the most beautiful and most monumental Baroque palace in Prague,Černín Palace is situated in Lorenske namesti near the Loreto. It belonged to the noble family Černín of Chudenice, one of the oldest noble families in Bohemia. According to the Guinness Book of Records,Prague Castle, our next stop, is the largest ancient castle in the world, occupying an area of almost 70,000 m2, at about 570 meters in length and an average of about 130 meters wide.The Charles Bridge is the most famous bridge that crosses the Vltava river in our beloved Prague. Its construction started in 1357 under the auspices of King Charles IV, and finished till 1415 at the latests. After crossing the bridge we enter the Old Town to reach the Old Town Square, the oldest square in Prague founded in the 10th century. The Prague Astronomical Clock adorns the Old Town City Hall,which for 600 years has been one of the greatest treasures of the town,still amazes people with its procession of Apostles, moving statues and visualization of time like no other instrument in the world. Jewish Town will be our last stop.The mysterious ghetto,synagogues and the Jewish cemetery,the best of Jewish culture in Central Europe!
Inclusions for Prague Christmas Market Private Tour
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Prague Christmas Market Private Tour
- Entrance to the Castle Exterior is for free.
- Lunch is not included in the price but available to buy.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.