Prague Christmas Markets Tour With Traditional Snacks
OverviewExplore the Christmas markets of Prague that hold a special place in Europeans hearts. You will meet your guide at 2pm and afterward, you will enjoy 2.5 hours ofseeingChristmas lights, handmade goods and goodies, smell of roasted nuts, and much more. All of these add something unique to an already intriguing city, so don't miss this fun tour with a few treats along the way!
- Led by a local guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
You will meet up with your guide at Jungmann Square (close to the great Wenceslas Square), where you'll start this Prague tour with an introduction to the classic Czech Christmas, a nativity scene in a grand church. Afterward, you will hop on board the metro and escape the bustle of the center to experience the first market. Here, youll get to taste mulled wine and sample your first Christmas snack. As you eat and explore, youll learn about local holiday traditions like Christmas carps, find out what baby Jesus has to do with a little hedgehog, why theres no Santa in this part of the world, and what Christmas means in this mostly secular nation.
On to the second Christmas market, you will walk along some of the beautiful streets of Prague. At the market, youll be greeted by hot mead and roasted almonds, and somewhere throughout the tour, your guide will choose yet another snack, depending on whats best and on offer that day. After warming up with your tasty treats, you'll make our way back to the city center, where youll learn about Christmas before, during, and after the 1989 revolution, and also hear about the beloved former President Havel.
At the third, and final Christmas market, youll be seeing the market that put Prague on the Christmas map. The Old Town Squares impressive tree is only one of the spectacles to admire here. The square in the winter is captivating with all its sights and smells and sounds of the market adding to the overall holiday experience. Its here that the tour will end.
Inclusions for Prague Christmas Markets Tour With Traditional Snacks
- Local English-speaking guide
- Mulled wine and hot mead
- Traditional Christmas snacks
- Entry to a churchs nativity scene
- Public transportation during tour
Exclusions for Prague Christmas Markets Tour With Traditional Snacks
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Transportation to and from the meeting and end points
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The tour takes place entirely outdoors during winter, therefore please dress for cold weather. Gloves, scarves, and hats are recommended. It snows in Prague, so warm and comfortable shoes or boots will make your feet much happier
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 8 people
This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour
We can cater to vegetarians and gluten-intolerant travelers
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Alternative Prague Small-Group Walking Tour
- Prague River Boat Tour - 90 min
- Prague Esoteric and Alchemist Tour 2h
- 1 day tour around the Karlstejn castle and Little Amerika
- Prague-Budapest Grand Sightseeing tour
- 3-Day Prague Bus Smile Hop-On Hop-Off
- Prague Family Kit
- Wars and Totality History tour in Prague