Prague History Walking Tour Of Old Town, New Town And The Jewish Quarter
OverviewThis 3-hour guided walking tour in Prague familiarizes participants with Prague's 1,000 years of European history. Learn about the city from the Middle Ages and Renaissance through the ordeals and triumphs of its modern history.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourBeginning in the Old Town in the morning or afternoon, this 3-hour guided walk through Prague will take you to key monuments and uncover hundreds of years of the city's fascinating history.
Setting out from Old Town Square, the ancient marketplace that established Prague as an important center for medieval trade, walk through the winding streets of Old Town and see the monuments and buildings that reveal the social and political complexities of Pragues multicultural past. See the soaring late Gothic towers of Tyn Church and Old Town Hall, then visit the monument to religious reformer Jan Hus, a symbol of Czech national identity. You will then discover the impact that Czech intellectuals had on their nations political fortunes at Charles University, founded by Charles IV in 1348. Don't miss the university's oldest remaining structure, a lovely Gothic oriel window dating from 1370.
At Wenceslas Square learn about Pragues 20th century ordeals; the Nazis held mass rallies here and it was also the point of convergence for the Warsaw Pact tanks that crushed the Prague Spring of 1968. Municipal House, built in 1911 and the greatest of the citys many art nouveau masterpieces, will transport you back to the 20th centurys most optimistic moments for Czech independence.
Finally, ywalk through the Jewish Quarter and see the Old New Synagogue, the oldest functioning temple in Europe, as well as the ancient Jewish cemetery and the rococo Jewish Town Hall. Your tour ends at the Vltava River with a view of Prague Castle and additional historical insight from your guide.
Inclusions for Prague History Walking Tour Of Old Town, New Town And The Jewish Quarter
- Walking tour
- Historian guide
Exclusions for Prague History Walking Tour Of Old Town, New Town And The Jewish Quarter
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Choice of morning and afternoon departure; please advise at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Karlstejn Castle Half-Day Guided Tour from Prague
- Private Transfer from Prague to Nuremberg
- Airport Round-Trip Business Transfer: Prague Ruzyne Airport to Prague Hotel plus Return Trip Preview
- Beer Bike Prague Group Tour
- Prague Jewish Quarter 4 hours Private Walking Tour in Prague
- Old Town and Riverside Segway Tour in Prague