Prague Parks And Views Small Group Walking Tour Including A Traditional Locally-Sourced Czech Lunch
OverviewThis tour is an interruption to the bustle of Pragues city centre, so you can admire its beauty from just the right distance. Well take you on a leisurely stroll through parks and gardens, along small streets, and past tall towers, a monastery, and a moat. What more could you want? Add coffee, food, and a beer or two into the mix and you have a day to write home about.
Know More about this tour
Whether you have noticed it or not, Prague is full of greenery, with over 700 parks and more being added each year. Pragues winding green paths have just as much or more romance and poetry to offer. Well take you through a relaxing day meandering parks and gardens with views grand enough to take your breath away.
Our first stop will be at the Memorial to the Victims of Communism, revealing some of the gloomy parts of our history before we brighten the mood, climbing the hill via the funicular to the top, reaching some spectacular views. A short jaunt through the rose garden and well reach the Eiffel Tower...of sorts. Prague has its own version of this monument, just a little different, and well take this opportunity to take the lift to the top (those feeling sporty enough can climb the 299 stairs). This is neither the first nor the last time youll pull out your camera.
From here, well have a short walk through the seminary gardens to the monastery, showcasing splendid views of the Prague Castle and historical centre on the way. Well have a stop at the monastery for a traditional lunch, and what monastery would be complete without a monastic brewery? Monks were known in medieval times for their high-quality beers and this one has kept the quality up. Plus, the monastery grounds are as beautiful as its history. (Please note that as this lunch is organised in advance, we must know at your time of booking whether you have any dietary restrictions.)
Well switch gears as we waltz through our citys youngest (though still very old) historical town, among hidden streets and down the stairs, quickly becoming swallowed by the greenery of Pragues Stag Moat. From the deep and cool valley we sneak up into the historical Royal Gardens. These unique renaissance gardens are hiding many treasures, including the remarkable sgraffito Ballroom and the Royal Summer Palace, which lies at the foot of yet another park in fact, it was Pragues first public park.
A quick stop in a characterful caf will give our feet another break, our brains a necessary coffee, and our tongues something sweet all together for just the right amount of energy to explore a part of the spectacular Letna Gardens. Well be leaving you at one of Pragues finest Art Nouveau buildings, which happens to boast yet another breathtaking panorama of our humble city. From here its a quick walk back to the city centre, or you may continue exploring the vast gardens (including the beer kind!) that sprawl out around you, offering one unforgettable view after another.
This tour is a great opportunity to see more of this wonderful city and explore some of the hidden gems while learning about the cultural identity through history and modernity. And of course, youll be experiencing it in the best possible way: relaxing walks through nature with food, drink, and friends new and old.
Inclusions for Prague Parks And Views Small Group Walking Tour Including A Traditional Locally-Sourced Czech Lunch
- Local English-speaking guide, funicular ride, entrance to Eiffel Tower, Czech lunch with 1 drink (beer, wine, or non-alcoholic beverage) at a local microbrewery,1 coffee/tea/hot chocolate and local dessert at popular caf, personalised recommendations, a map.
Exclusions for Prague Parks And Views Small Group Walking Tour Including A Traditional Locally-Sourced Czech Lunch
- Additional food and drinks (you may try more beers at the monastery at your own expense), souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable walking shoes. In summer months, bring a hat and sunscreen. This tour departs rain or shine, so you may want to bring an umbrella, depending on the weather.
We reserve the right to change the the course of the tour and places visited in case one of the sites or venues is closed.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour.
This tour can cater to dietary restrictions; however, we must know your requirements in advance. Note that we must have this information in advance as all the food is pre-ordered. Please detail it in the Special Requirements field when making the booking, Please also take into consideration that unfortunately Czech cuisine is not very lactose-intolerance or vegan-friendly, but we will do our best to accommodate where possible.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Alternative Prague Small-Group Walking Tour
- Prague River Boat Tour - 90 min
- Prague Esoteric and Alchemist Tour 2h
- 1 day tour around the Karlstejn castle and Little Amerika
- Prague-Budapest Grand Sightseeing tour
- 3-Day Prague Bus Smile Hop-On Hop-Off
- Prague Family Kit
- Wars and Totality History tour in Prague