OverviewEnjoy this 11-hour small-group day trip from Prague to the best sites of the Elbe Sandstones natural reserve. Visit the river Elbe canyon and walk around it's natural wonders, such as the Tisa rocks in the Czech Republic, where the "Chronicles of Narnia" movie was filmed, as well as the monumental Bastei sandstone bridge and fortress in the Germany. Enjoy scenic viewpoints to the biggest sandstone canyon in Europe and visit 2 countries in a full day trip !
- All-inclusive tour
- A la carte lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourOnce you are comfortably picked up at your hotel, you will leave Prague in a small group of 1-8 people. En-route, your tour guide will point out natural landmarks you are passing during this 2 hrs drive and introduce you to the Czech countryside.
Your first stop will be the "Tisa rocks" national natural monument, located at the heart of the natural reserve "Elbe Sandstones". Your guide will lead you through narrow passages and along bizarre stone pillars, reminding you of a fairy tale-land. It is no wonder that scenes from the famous fantasy movie "Chronicles of Narnia" were filmed here. You will have enough time to slowly explore the area and access the tops of the rocks to enjoy the great views.
Afterwards, get ready to enjoy a traditional Czech lunch at an excellent local restaurant where you can try typical Czech meals. Selection of dishes cooked from local ingredients and also great beer from a local mini-brewery will give you just enough energy for the second part of your tour.
Your guide will then take you on a 45-minute drive to the German side of the Elbe Sandstones and finally arrive to the "Bastei", an iconic rock-formation, fortress and a stone-bridge high above the river Elbe. An easy walk will take you to the main viewpoints overlooking the huge Elbe canyon with table mountains all around. You will also see the Königstein, a big fortress on the opposite side and with a good weather you can enjoy a beautiful sunset from this place as well.
Make your way back to Prague in the evening and arrive back in the city around 7 p.m, full of experiences from a day spent in outdoors.
Inclusions for Prague Small-Group Day Trip: Elbe Sandstones Natural Reservation Including Elbe Canyon And Bastei Sandstone Bridge
- Entrance fees
- Free WiFi in the van
- Bottled water and snack (sandwich and fruit)
- Lunch (main course and a drink)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Prague Small-Group Day Trip: Elbe Sandstones Natural Reservation Including Elbe Canyon And Bastei Sandstone Bridge
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Best Of Prague: City Walking, Boat Cruise And Typical Czech Lunch
- Cesky Krumlov Day Trip From Prague
- Prague Luxury Dinner Cruise On Vltava River
- Jewish Prague Walking Tour
- Small-Group Food And Beer Tour In Prague
- Getting To Know Prague Like A Local - Sights, Local Experiences And Food
- Historic Prague Jewish Quarter Walking Tour
- Prague Castle And Castle Grounds Walking Tour
- Exploratory Family Trip To Prague Without The Stress Of Planning
- 3 Hours Unlimited Beer Tasting