Princes’ Island Tour From Istanbul: Buyukada
OverviewExplore Bykada, the largest of Turkeys Princes Islands, on this full-day trip from Istanbul! Cruise across the Sea of Marmara, watching the sights of Istanbul slip from view, and then explore the pedestrianized island in the best possible way by horse-drawn carriage! Hear the history of this laid-back island from your expert local guide and then spend time at leisure, perhaps relaxing on its beaches, before returning to Istanbul.
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourLeave your central Istanbul hotel by air-conditioned coach and head to the port with your guide to board your boat to the Princes Islands. The largest and most interesting one is Bykada your destination of the day! While cruising, look back on the sights of Istanbul, seeing iconic landmarks like Topkapi Palace and pretty Kiz Kulesi (also known as Maidens Tower or Leanders Tower), which was featured in the James Bond film The World is Not Enough.
Dock in Bykada and then amble through the streets with your guide, soaking up the laid-back atmosphere of island life. Vehicles are notably non-existent here, and the pretty roads resonate with the pleasing clip-clop of horse-drawn carriages. Hop aboard your own carriage and explore Bykada at a fittingly relaxed pace. Your guide will explain the islands history as you travel, talking about its time as a place of exile for banished statesmen and royalty, and of its life as a monastic settlement during Turkeys Byzantine-Christian period.
Pass the lovely wooden mansions that exemplify the islands late Ottoman-era architecture, and look out over the sparkling sea lapping on the shores. Seagulls are everywhere in Bykada, and if you want to feed them your guide will give you simits (bread with sesame seeds) so you can throw them a treat.
Stop for lunch at a seafood restaurant and then spend the rest of your day at leisure on the island. Bring your bathing suit if you want to swim, or perhaps explore the islands craft shops and waterfront cafs. Meet your guide at a pre-arranged time for your boat ride back to Istanbul. The last leg of your journey is made by coach to your Istanbul hotel, where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Princes’ Island Tour From Istanbul: Buyukada
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Round-trip boat crossing
- Horse-drawn carriage tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Princes’ Island Tour From Istanbul: Buyukada
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: When reconfirming your booking, your local supplier will advise you on alternative meeting points for hotels which are not accessible
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.