Priorat Wineries Tour From Barcelona Including Wine Tastings And Lunch
OverviewSip your way around Priorat, the exclusive Catalan wine region that produces some of Spain’s most expensive — and delicious — wine. With a local guide at your side, learn what makes the wine so special and, of course, sample some of the region’s wares. After a visit to the village of Morera de Montsant, travel to Clos Figueres in Gratallops for a 3-course lunch, and then finish with a vineyard tour at Clos Dominic. Tasting sessions at each site are included, and numbers are limited to just eight people for a more personal experience.
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tourLeave Barcelonas Barri Gtic in the morning, and relax on your journey southwest to the Priorat wine region, just above Tarragona. The remote and rocky region is tiny a mere footnote on the Catalan map but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in its exclusive wine. Tellingly expensive, the rich and full-bodied produce of the area has been subject to harsh growing conditions and labour-intensive harvesting; the grapes are mostly picked by hand.
Make your way past eye-catching terraces of vines that are carved into the hillsides, and stop in the village of Morera de Montsant to soak up the views. Listen to an orientation of the area from your guide, as you let your gaze linger over the hills. Then, visit a small local winery to sample your first three Priorat varietals of the day.
Continue to Gratallops for your second tasting session, this time at the esteemed Clos Figueres winery, run by Christopher Cannan, a pioneering Priorat winemaker. Learn how the wine is produced by grapes from old vines, without the use of insecticides or other products. After sampling a few glasses, head to a local restaurant to recharge with a traditional 3-course lunch.
In the afternoon, travel onward to the tiny village of Porrera where the family-run Clos Dominic winery awaits. Meet Paco Castillo-Serrano who runs the estate, and tour his unique old-vine vineyard before tasting a few vintage samples.
Finally, relax on the journey back to Barcelona, and finish your day with a drop-off at the start point.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Priorat Wineries Tour From Barcelona Including Wine Tastings And Lunch
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- 3-course lunch
- Wine tasting
Exclusions for Priorat Wineries Tour From Barcelona Including Wine Tastings And Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum age is 18 years
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Talleres de Cocina Asitica
- Flamenco Show at Plaza de las Arenas in Barcelona
- Market to Table: Market Tour & Cooking Class
- Barcelona Romantic Sailing&Night Experience
- Casa Bacardi Sitges Admission Ticket
- Guided Tour at Barcelona's Royal Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Guided Tour at Catalonia's Royal Academy of Medicine
- Guided Tour at Requesens Palace