Enjoy a great visit to St. Peterâs Basilica's famous 'Cupola.' TakeÂ the elevator to reach the highest point of Rome without aÂ longÂ wait in line. With this unique tour you will enjoy the spectacular views of the Eternal City and of the Vatican State. Moreover, at the end of the visit you have the souvenir of an interactive postcard to keep or mail it to your loved ones using Vatican stamps.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Skip the line
Know More about this tour
Enjoy a visit to the famous 'Cupola' of St. Peter's Basilica, which is the highest point in the city of Rome.
Use the Basilica’s elevator to reach the base of the dome (you will avoid the 171 steps!). From this point you’ll have amazing views of the interior of the Basilica. Then climb roughly 300 steps to the very top of the dome, which is called 'La Lanterna' (the lantern) in Italian. From there, you can admire spectacular views of the Eternal City that just aren’t available anywhere else. See the Vatican Gardens, the roof of the Sistine Chapel, and the chimney used during the election of popes.
Receive an interactive postcard as a souvenir of your visit to the Vatican, which you can keep for yourself or maybe decide to send it to your loved ones, taking advantage of Vatican stamps which are available at our welcome desks.
Inclusions for Priority Line: St Peter's Dome Interactive Audioguided Tour
- Elevator to the first level of the Dome
- Dome entrance ticket
- Interactive postcard with Vatican stamp
- Reserved entrance
Exclusions for Priority Line: St Peter's Dome Interactive Audioguided Tour
- Earphones (bring yours or purchase them at the desk for € 1,00)
- Guided or audioguided tour of the Basilica
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Optional activity costs
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
ATTENTION: The elevator brings you only up to the first level of the Dome, but to reach the top you will need to climb other 300 steps (more or less). That’s why this tour is not recommended for claustrophobic people, those who suffer from vertigo, has walking difficulty and over 75 years old
Entrance to the Vatican requires a strict dress code.
On Wednesdays, access to St. Peter's Basilica & Square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal Audience.
Clients must arrive at the meeting point 15' before the departure time and present their voucher to the Vox Mundi staff. It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure point.
Shoulders and knees must be covered.
Low cut or sleeveless tops or shorts are not allowed for both men and women.
Clients that do not adhere to the dress code will not be permitted entry to the Vatican.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.