Private 2-Day Agra And Jaipur Tour From Delhi By Train
OverviewSee Agra and Jaipur on this two day private tour from Delhi by train. First, travel by early morning train from Delhi to Agra where you will see one of the Seven Wonders of the World - the Taj Mahal. Also in Agra you will visit the Agra Fort and Itmad-ud-daulah's Tomb. Later, visit the imposing Agra Fort and then Itmad-ud-daulah's Tomb. In the evening take a train to Jaipur and stay overnight in Jaipur. Next, spend a day sightseeing in Jaipur city with stops at the Amer Fort, City Palace, Jantar Mantar and Hawa Mahal. In the evening, take a train back to Delhi. All transfers and meals are included.
- Rail Tour
- Multi-Day Trip
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
- Dinner included
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Delhi Agra (Train), Agra Jaipur (Train) (B, L, D)
You will be picked up from your Delhi hotel at 5am and transferred to the railway station to board the train to Agra. Tea, coffee and breakfast will be served on board the train. On arrival at the Agra railway station, you will be assisted by a representative. You will then meet your driver and guide and begin your full day city tour of Agra.
First, visit the Taj Mahal one of the Seven Wonders of the World, built by Shah Jahan. Described as the most extravagant monument ever build for love. It was constructed by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial to his queen Mumtaz Mahal, made out of white marble and took 22 years to complete.
After visiting the Taj Mahal, explore Agra Fort with your guide. Built by the famed Mughal Emperor Akbar in 1565 AD, the fort is predominantly made of red sandstone. Constructed on the banks of the Yamuna River, the fort drew on Islamic and Hindu traditions.
After your time at Agra Fort, visit Itmad-ud-daulah's Tomb. Built between 1622 and1628 by the Empress Nur Jahan for her father, the tomb boasts of marble trellis work and is inlaid with precious stones.
Later transfer to the railway station to board the train for Jaipur. Dinner is served on board the train. On arrival at the Jaipur railway station, you will be assisted and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2: Jaipur Delhi (Train) (B, L, D)
After breakfast at your hotel, visit Amber Fort and enjoy a jeep ride up to the hill. Raja Man Singh, the Rajput commander of Akbars army, constructed the fortress palace at the end of 16th century. The Amber Fort is a superb example of Rajput architecture, and overlooks a lake.
After that, visit Jaigarh Fort, or Fort of Victory, considered to be one of the most well fortified structures in India. The magnificent fort was constructed by Sawai Singh of Jaipur in 1726 in order to tighten the security of Amber and Jaipur. The main highlights of the fort are massive cannons, strong fortifications, a museum, palaces, temples and magnificent water tanks.
In the afternoon, go on a city tour of Jaipur. The origins of this city can be traced back to the 18th century, during the reign of Jai Singh II. The city, popularly known as the Pink City, thrills the soul with its massive forts, magnificent palaces, exquisite temples and lush gardens.
The main tourist attractions are the City Palace with its fine collection of textiles, costumes and armory, the Hawa Mahal or Palace of the Winds, and the Jantar Mantar an extraordinary stargazing observatory.
Later, transfer to the railway station to board the train for Delhi. Dinner is served on board the train.
Hotel details (Jaipur city):
4 star: Ramada hotel / Fortune Select Metropolitan
5 star: Trident hotel / ITC Rajputana
Inclusions for Private 2-Day Agra And Jaipur Tour From Delhi By Train
- Private guide
- Overnight accommodation in Jaipur
- All entrance fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located Delhi city hotels only)
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private 2-Day Agra And Jaipur Tour From Delhi By Train
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Train timings and schedule are subject to change; if the train is running late, the tour might be modified accordingly
Group discount is available for group size of 2+ and 4+
A maximum of 6 people per booking is allowed
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Old Delhi Half-Day Walking Tour with Local Lunch
- Private Rickshaw Tour of Old Delhi
- Heritage Day Tour of Old and New Delhi
- Private Tour: Same Day Trip to Agra Including Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah From New Delhi
- 1-Day Golden Triangle Tour by Car Agra and Jaipur from Delhi
- Indira Gandhi International Airport Plaza Premium Lounge (Departure)