Private 2-Day Datong Tour
OverviewSee main sites of Datong from this package private 2-day tour, experience the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Yungang Grottoes, the largest Nine Dragon Screen in China. And visit the impressive Hanging Monastery built 1500 years ago and Wooden Pagoda in Ying County, private guide, driver, entrance fees of sites and hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
Know More about this tourDay 1: Start your private day trip with 8:30 am pickup from your central located Datong's hotel, where you'll board a private vehicle with your guide and travel to Yungang Grottoes, about 30 miles away from Datong downtown area. And the site holds over 250 grottoes that date to the 15th century and are full of thousands of hand-carved Buddha statues. explore different stone carvings of Buddha statues built in three different phases, later on explore Nine Dragon Screen, the biggest one in China, even biggest than the one from Beijing Forbidden City. Which is kind of colorful and impressive screen there, then have lunch at an authentic Chinese restaurant at your own extra charge , then go back hotel.
Day 2After hotel pickup in the morning, your tour starts with the drive to the Hanging Monastery, which is a so-called temple in the midair constructed somewhere near the 5th century. It is literally a flying construction in the cliff. The temple has become a place where three religions come together, which is Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism, then have lunch at a local and authentic restaurant at your own extra charge.
Later on head to Yingxian Wooden Pagoda, the oldest and biggest wooden Buddhist pagoda in China. it has been known popularly as the Wooden Pagoda of whole China. Standing 69 meters high, it is the only extant large wooden pagoda in China, finally go back hotel.
Inclusions for Private 2-Day Datong Tour
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private 2-Day Datong Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small Group Max 7 Travellers of Datong Day Tour: Yungang Grottoes-Hanging Monastery-Local Village Visit
- 2 Days Private Datong Day Tour of Yungang Grottoes-Huayan Monastery-Nine Dragon Screen-Hanging Monastery-Wooden Pagoda in Ying County
- 6Days Private Tour of Datong -Pingyao- Taiyuan
- Private Datong Day Tour of Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery with a Visit to Rural Village
- Private Datong Day Tour: Yungang Grottoes-Huayan Monastery-Nine Dragon Screen
- Private Datong Day Tour: Hanging Temple & Yungang Grottoes
- Private Day Tour to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Temple with Lunch from Datong
- Private Tour to Yungang Grottoes, Hanging Temple and Wooden Pagoda from Datong