Private 2 Day Inca Trail To Machu Picchu - Cusco
Overview2 day Inca Trail Private starts idyllic by a wake-up early. Then we are taken by our private transport to the railway station at Ollantaytambo to board a train taking us to the starting point of the 2 day trek - the so called Km 104.
Know More about this tourWe pick you up from your hotel in Cusco to transfer you during a 2 hour ride to the Ollantaytambos railway station. There, you get on a train and continue until Km 104, where a checking point of the Inca Trail is located. You pass through the point and start the Inca Trail Trekking! After about 2-3 hours, you reach the archaeological site of Chachabamba where you have lunch and a rest. Then a guided tour of the site follows. Afterwards, you continue through a mixture of cacti vegetation and a cloud forest towards another Incan significant site - Wiay Wayna. But before we reach it, we enjoy a refresh in a local waterfall! Later on, you can admire the sunset above Machu Picchu when we get to the Suns Gate (Inti Punku) before entering the Inka citadel. However, today is too late to have a guided tour of this overwhelming Incan city so we descend slowly to Aguas Calientes Town enjoying beautiful surrounding scenery on the way! We spend the night in a comfortable hotel in Aguas Calientes.
After an early morning breakfast, we continue hiking the Inca Trail for about 2 hours up to the mysterious city of Machu Picchu that we enter for the early morning best photos opportunities. Then our Tour Guide shows us around the Incan city and explains us about its history and purposes. After the guided tour, we are given the opportunity to climb up for about 45 minutes to Huayna Picchu or to Machu Picchu Mountain (peaks above Machu Picchu serving to take some panoramic pictures of the Inka city). Then, we are given time off to spend and explore Machu Picchu on our own. in the afternoon you will take the train return to Ollantaytambo, from where we are taken by private car back to Cusco.
Inclusions for Private 2 Day Inca Trail To Machu Picchu
- Pre-trek briefing with your Tour Guide (Our guide will visit your hotel a day before the trek at 17:00)
- Transfer by private vehicle to the railway station at Ollantaytambo
- Accommodation: hotel Flower Houses (1 night)
- Inca Trail Permit and entrance fee to Machu Picchu;
- Meals: 1x breakfast, 1x lunch, 1x dinner (please advice us in advance if you are a vegetarian; this option is for NO extra additional cost)
- Experienced bilingual Tour Guide
- A train round trip (Expedition Service) between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu)
- Private car from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
Exclusions for Private 2 Day Inca Trail To Machu Picchu
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch in Aguas Calientes Town on the second day
- A shuttle bus between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu (U$ 12 one way or U$ 24 a round trip)
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu Mountain ($80)
- Tips to local staff (please note: it is a custom to give tips in Peru, however, it is not obligatory)
- Other extras not mentioned.
- Single room: If you like a single room for this trek, the extra price for your accommodation is U$ 50 during your booking.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required