Private 2 Day Tour To Egypt's Famous Royal Tombs And Temples - Luxor
OverviewEnjoy an unforgettable day exploring the mystery of Tutankhamen, the most famous king in the world. This young king from the New Kingdom was around 10 years old when he ascended the throne and died when he was only 19. You will get the chance to be face to face with his royal mummy in his tomb in the Valley of the Kings (Necropolis of Thebes). Your Egyptologist tour guide will be with you to take you back in time to unveil the mystery of this famous Pharaoh. Also, visit the tombs of Ramses, Horemheb and Merenptah, and the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut (Deir el Bahari) and the Colossi of Memno Luxor Museum, Karnak and Luxor Temples.
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDay 1:
In the morning you will be picked up from your hotel in central Luxor or harbor by an air-conditioned vehicle for a full guided trip of about 5 hours.First you will be transported to the Necropolis of Thebes, the Valley of the Kings on the West Bank of Luxor. This ancient necropolis is a must-see for Luxor travelers. There you visit four royal tombs, including the Tomb of Ramses, the Tomb of Horemheb, the Tomb of Merenptah and of course the Tomb of King Tut. The tomb of Tutankhamen is the only tomb in Valley of the Kings that was discovered nearly intact in 1922. The discoverer of his tomb was Howard Carter. Tut's famous golden mask is on display at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, but here you have the opportunity to be amazed at the royal mummy of the young king.
After visiting the tombs you will be transported to the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut (Deir el Bahari), the only woman ever to reign over Egypt as Pharaoh. This queen was an ancestor of King Tutankhamen and belonged to the same dynasty.Afterwards, you will be taken to see the Colossi of Memnon, the two largest ancient statues in Egypt which date back to the era of King Amenhotep III. He was the father of King Akhenaten and grandfather of King Tutankhamen.After touring the sites you will be transferred back to your hotel by an air-conditioned vehicle.
In the morning you will be picked up from your hotel in Luxor for a full guided day tour. First you will be transported to Karnak Temples in the East Bank of Luxor, where you will find the Temple of Amon, the Granite Scarbeus of Amenophis III and the Sacred Lake. Karnak is a very inspiring site to visit.After Karnak you will be brought to Luxor Museum, which displays a unique collection of ancient items found in Luxor. Some items were found in Tutankhamun's tomb. You will also see several mummies.
Afterwards, you visit Luxor Temple, which is dedicated to the Theben Triad of Amun-Ra, Mut and Khonsu. There you will see statues of Ramses the Great and the Avenue of Sphinxes. These ancient temples are a must-see for Luxor visitors.After touring the sites you will be transferred back to your hotel by an air-conditioned vehicle.
Inclusions for Private 2 Day Tour To Egypt's Famous Royal Tombs And Temples
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Private 2 Day Tour To Egypt's Famous Royal Tombs And Temples
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Dendara from Luxor
- Dendara and Abydos Temples Day Tour from Luxor
- Private Tour: Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple Including 2-Hour Felucca Cruise Sailing on the Nile
- Private Transfer from Luxor to Hurghada or El Gouna
- Explore Luxor City by Horse Carriage
- Discover Luxor: 2 Half Day Tours to East and West Luxor Over 2 Days