Private 3-Day Aurangabad Tour Including The Ajanta Caves And The Ellora Caves
OverviewExplore the fascinating city of Aurangabad along with two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Ajanta Caves and the Ellora Caves, on this 3-day private tour. The tour includes airport transfers, transportation by air-conditioned vehicle and a guide for sightseeing. Your overnight stay in Aurangabad will be in either a 4-star or 5-star hotel, as per the option you select at checkout.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multi-Day Trip
Know More about this tourDay 1 - Aurangabad
On arrival at Aurangabad airport or railway station, you will be assisted and transferred to the hotel for check-in.
Later, have a full-day Aurangabad city tour followed by a tour of the Ellora Caves (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). In the city, visit the Aurangabad Caves, which are artificial caves that were dug out of soft rock during the 6th and 7th century. The architecture and iconography here is influenced by Tantric Hinduism. Then, visit the Bibi Ka Maqbara, the burial place of Aurangzeb's first wife. It is an imitation of Agra's Taj Mahal. Also go to a small archaeological museum nearby.
The Ellora Caves hold the distinction of being a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and they date from about 200 B.C. to 650 A.D. There are a total of 34 monasteries and temples at Ellora, belonging to the three different religions, namely Buddhism, Hinduism, and Jainism.
Overnight at a hotel
Day 2 - Aurangabad - Ajanta Caves Tour from Aurangabad (Two hours approximatelyone way) (B)
Breakfast at your hotel, followed by full-day excursion to the Ajanta Caves,a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Buddhist caves of Ajanta were discovered by British officers in 1819. The Ajanta Caves were first mentioned in the writings of the Chinese pilgrim Hiuen Tsang who visited India between A.D 629 and 645. The caves at Ajanta are older than those at Ellora. The thirty caves at Ajanta are set in a steep crescent-shaped hillside in a forested ravine of the Sahayadri hills. Thirty of them are Buddhist caves with mesmerizing sculptures and paintings depicting Buddha's life, as well the lives of the Buddha in his previous births. Five of these caves are Chaityas (Place of worship) while the other 25 are Viharas (monasteries).
After the tour, your driver takesyou back to your hotel in Aurangabad city.
Overnight at a hotel
Day 03 - Aurangabad Mumbai (flight) (B)
Breakfast at your hotel. As per your flight schedule, transfer to the airport/railway station for your onward journey.
Please note: Depending on your first day flight/train, the tour operator will adjust the Aurangabad and Ellora Caves sightseeing to be either on Day 1 or on Day 3. Please ensure you have twofull days to complete sightseeing of allmonuments.
The following hotels will be used (or similar):
4-star: Ambassador Ajanta or VITS Hotel
5-star: Welcome Hotel Rama International or Lemon Tree Hotel
Inclusions for Private 3-Day Aurangabad Tour Including The Ajanta Caves And The Ellora Caves
- Professional private guide
- All entrance fees
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Roundtrip airport/railway station transfers included
- 2-nights accommodation at a 4-star or 5-star hotel in Aurangabad
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private 3-Day Aurangabad Tour Including The Ajanta Caves And The Ellora Caves
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
The Ajanta Caves are closed on Mondays and the Ellora caves are closed on Tuesdays
Depending on your first day flight, the tour operator will adjust the Aurangabad and Ellora Caves sightseeing to be either on Day 1 or on Day 3.
Group discount is available for groups of 2 or more
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.