Private 3-Night Agra And Varanasi Tour From Delhi By TrainWrite a Review
OverviewTravel by train from Delhi to Agra and Varanasi on this 3-night private sightseeing tour. In Agra, see the Taj Mahal and other world famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites. In the holy city of Varanasi, located on the banks of the river Ganges, visit the sacred Buddhist site Sarnath. In addition, witness the mesmerizing Aarti (prayer ceremony) on the banks of the Ganges to round out a trip you will never forget!
- Multi-Day Trip
- Rail Tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tourDay 1: Delhi – Agra (Shatabdi Train), Agra – Varanasi (Overnight Train) (B,L,D)
Get picked up from your Delhi hotel and transferred to the railway station to board the train to Agra. Tea, coffee and breakfast will be served on the train. Upon arrival at the Agra railway station, meet your driver-guide and begin your full day city tour of Agra.
Visit Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It was built by Mughal king Shah Jahan as a memorial to Mumtaz Mahal. Then head to Agra Fort. This fort was made of red sandstone and was was was built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar in 1565 AD. Later, see AItmad-ud-daulah's Tomb inlaid with-precious stones.
Later in the evening, after dinner, transfer to the railway station to board a train for the overnight trip to Varanasi.
Day 2: Varanasi arrival and sight-seeing (B,L,D)
Upon the arrival to Varanasi railway station you will be transferred to your hotel.
Have breakfast at the hotel, and then go on an excursion to visit Sarnath, one of the three holiest sites for Buddhists. This is where the Buddha delivered his first sermon in 528 BC. There are many temples and stupas here, representing the many cultures where Buddhism is the dominant religious philosophy. Here you will also find the Bodhi tree – a peepul tree under which Buddha attained enlightenment.
Return to Varanasi and in the evening visit Ghats (river banks), temples and attend the Holy Ganga Aarti - a mesmerizing evening prayer ceremony. To the chant of Sanskrit mantras, and the clash of cymbals and drums, the river is worshiped with flowers, incense, sandalwood, milk and vermilion. Blazing camphor oil lamps reflect golden flames on the holy river’s waters and look enchanting.
Overnight at the 4-star Hotel Ideal Tower / Hotel Meraden Grand or similar.
Day 3: Varanasi – Delhi (Overnight Train) (B,L,D)
Take an early morning boat ride along the Ganges and catch the scene of devotees bathing and praying in the sacred water. Hindus believe that taking a dip in the river Ganges here absolves one from all sins.
After that, have breakfast at the hotel, and then later go to visit the world famous Benaras Hindu University, Tulsi Manas Temple, Bharat Mata Temple, and Alamgir Mosque. Later, in the evening, transfer to the railway station to board the overnight train for Delhi.
Day 4: Delhi
Upon arrival at the Delhi railway station you will be transferred to your place of stay.
Inclusions for Private 3-Night Agra And Varanasi Tour From Delhi By Train
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in central Delhi hotels
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private 3-Night Agra And Varanasi Tour From Delhi By Train
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Train timings and schedules are subject to change; if the train is running late, the tour might be modified accordingly
Group discount is available for group size of 2+ and 4+
A maximum of 6 people per booking is allowed
Travel in train will be in an air-conditioned coach
Vehicle used for transfers and sightseeing will be air-conditioned
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Tour: Day Trip To Agra From Delhi Including Taj Mahal And Agra Fort
- Private Walking Tour: South Delhi Heritage Including Qutub Minar And Mehrauli Archaeological Park
- Red Fort Sound And Light Show In Delhi With Dinner And Private Transfer
- Private Walking Tour: Old Delhi Including Ancient Havelis And Chandni Chowk
- 3-Day Delhi To Pilgrim Varanasi Tour From New Delhi
- 5-Day Golden Triangle Tour With Luxury In Budget
- India Golden Triangle Tours 6 Day With Private Budget
- Golden Triangle With Mumbai And Goa - 9 Day
- Delhi 5-Hour Hands-on Cooking Class With Meal
- City Tour Of Delhi