Private 4-Hour Bhaktapur Sightseeing Tour - Kathmandu
OverviewBhaktapur city is one of the ancient Royal cities inside the Kathmandu Valley. Enjoy a 4-hour half-day private sightseeing tour of Bhaktapur where you will visit the area in and around Durbar Square, a UNESCO World Heritage site. With your professional guide, explore local Newari lifestyle, culture and architecture of the ancient era. Your guide will also explain why Bhaktapur city is also known as the City of Devotees. A private air-conditioned vehicle and entrance fees to monuments are included.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your driver and guide in your hotel lobby at your designated time, you will drive to Bhaktapur city located less than 10 miles (14 Kilometers) east of Kathmandu where you will begin your private 4-hour sightseeing tour.
Bhaktapur's Durbar Square was founded in 12th century by King Ananda Malla. Until the 18th century, Bahaktapur was and independent Kingdom and during unification process it became part of Modern Nepal. Bhaktapur city is filled with UNESCO World Heritage sites dedicated to both Hindus and Buddhist followers. Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square where you will see the Golden Gate, a beautiful molded entrance embellished with mythical Hindu creatures sitting at the entrance to the palace of fifty-five windows. While here in Durbar Square, you will navigate around the magnificent and dominating Taleju Temple where admission is briefly open to Hindus during the annual Dasain festival. See the 12 miniature temples and the four intricately carved gates. Stroll through Nyatapola Square featuring a five tier pagoda-style temple with amazing architectural attributes. Next, you will head to Pottery Square, the center of Bhakpatur's ceramic industry. You will see rows and rows of clay pots drying out in the sun, local shops selling finished wares and some artisans hard at work firing pots in kilns.
During this 4-hour tour you will also walk through the narrow lanes of old Bhaktapur area and have some free-time to shop for traditional Nepalese handicrafts, paintings, music and thankas (Tibetan Buddhist painting on cotton or silk usually depicting a Buddhist deity, scene or mandala). At the end of the tour, you will return to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private 4-Hour Bhaktapur Sightseeing Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private 4-Hour Bhaktapur Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants age 0-2 are complimentary
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.