Private 4-Hour Walking Tour Of Old Pune
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourBegin with a 9:30am or 2:30pm pickup from your hotel or Pune Airport, and then travel in a private vehicle toShaniwarwada, where you'll begin your 4-hour walking tour with a private guide.
Your guide will introduce you to the history of the city and the way of life during the Maratha Empire. After a brief orientation, you'll walk through the city and visit places of historical and cultural significance.
Stop at the temple of Kasba Ganpati to see the Elephant God who is the patron deity of Pune. No new venture is started in Pune without this gods blessings.
Next, see Nana Wada, the estate of Nana Phadnavis, chief administrator of the Peshwa rulers of Pune. Visit, too, Lal Mahal, the past home of Chhatrapati Shivaji, and Tulshibaug, where you'll see the tall shikara of this traditional Vaishnavite temple. From the temple you can observe the homes and shops inside the courtyard and stop at the popular market for costume jewelry, knickknacks, and more.
Then, experience the vibrant bustle of Jyotiba Phule Mandai, Punes largest covered market, which sells vegetables, fruits, prayer paraphernalia, utensils, clothes, and other unique items.
After, see the Shreemant Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati temple, and visit traditional bangle shops on the bangle sellers lane, adjacent to Jyotiba Phule Mandai. You'll also go to Burud Ali, where you can watch Punes large community of basket makers at work.
The tour ends at Vishrambaug Wada, built by the last Peshwa Baji Rao II. Theres a small shop inside run by a local retailer that sells eco-friendly handcrafted garments, ornaments, and bags.
After the tour you'll finish with a drop-off at your original departure point.
Inclusions for Private 4-Hour Walking Tour Of Old Pune
- Private guide
- Personal chauffeur with air-conditioned car
- Hotel or airport pickup and drop-off
- Fuel, parking, surcharge and government taxes
Exclusions for Private 4-Hour Walking Tour Of Old Pune
- Food and drinks
- Entrance tickets to attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please dress modestly and ensure you have adequate sun protection
You must take off your shoes if you wish to enter a place of worship
This is a great tour for those interested in photography
This tour involves a moderate amount of walking it is suggested to wear comfortable shoes
You Might Also Like
- Private Same day Taj Mahal tour package from Pune with flight
- 2 Days Private Sunrise Visit of Taj Mahal with Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri tour
- Private Luxury Pune to Mumbai Transfer by BMW or Mercedes
- Private Transfer Pune to Mumbai Airport
- Private 3-Day Tour to Delhi Agra and Jaipur from Pune with One-Way Flight
- Private Day-Trip to Taj Mahal and Agra from Pune with Return Flight
- Private 2-Day-Tour to Taj Mahal and Agra from Pune with Return Flight
- Delhi, Agra and Jaipur 3-Day Golden Triangle Tour from Pune with one-way Flight