OverviewTravel to Agra to visit the wonderful Taj Mahal on this private day-tour from Delhi. Discover the Taj Mahal with a qualified and experienced local tour guide and learn about the incredible yet mysterious architectural design of the monument. In addition, visit the magnificent Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site. See the Baby Taj Mahal (Itimad-ud-Daulah's tomb) and Mehtab Bagh, a garden with a beautiful view of the Taj Mahal at sunset.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tourYour driver will pick you up from your Delhi hotel at 6am to start the tour. You will then start your 3-hour ride to Agra for arrival at 9am. Upon arrival, see at the spectacular Taj Mahal. Your Agra guide will then meet you and show you around the monument. Take your time to admire this majestic building, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most famous and beautiful buildings in the world. Marvel as your expert local guide explains all the mystery of the Taj Mahal and its architecture.
At 11am visit the nearby Red Fort, another amazing building which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Often forgotten behind the nearby Taj Mahal, the Red Fort features more impressive architecture and beautiful pavilions. Your guide will teach you all about the origin, historical journey and beautiful palaces inside the fort.
At 1pm, take a break with some free time to have lunch. Then, around 2pm, proceed to visit the Baby Taj Mahal, Itimad-ud-Daulah's Tomb. This site is another architectural marvel, which is situated on the bank of Yamuna. This is also called the Mini Taj Mahal because it has many similarities to the Taj Mahal itself including: minars, stone work called "pietra dura" and lattice work. Your guide will explain its history, carving work and architecture to you.
At 2:30pm, visit Mehtab Bagh (Moonlight Garden) for an awesome romantic view of the Taj Mahal. Mahtab Bagh is located across the river Yamuna from the Taj Mahal, and is a perfect place to view the Taj Mahal without the jostling crowds. From here, one can actually sit in peace and admire the monument. Your guide will then explain the history of this beautiful garden.
At 3pm, drive back to Delhi and be dropped off at your hotel.
NOTE - The itinerary in Agra can be customized upon request. Please contact the local tour operator after booking if you would like to modify the itinerary.
Inclusions for Private Agra Day Tour Including The Taj Mahal And Agra Fort From Delhi
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Private local tour guide for the full day in Agra
- Transport by private air-conditioned car or van
- All taxes, driver allowances, parking fees
- Horse and cart/buggy ride to the Taj Mahal
Exclusions for Private Agra Day Tour Including The Taj Mahal And Agra Fort From Delhi
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please dress accordingly for places of worship. Shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen are highly recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.