Private Agra Day Tour: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort And Kachhpura Village - Delhi
OverviewDiscover the magnificence of the Mughal Empire on a private day trip to the walled city of Agra! Traveling by train and private vehicle from Delhi, visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites – the Agra Fort and the Taj Mahal, a beautiful monument to love and one of the Seven Wonders of the World. You’ll see Itmad-ud-daulah’s Tomb plus lesser-known landmarks like Humayun's Tomb Mosque and Mehtab Bagh on a Mughal heritage walk through the rural village of Kachhpura. Railway transfer plus meals (two aboard the train) are included.
- All entrance fees included
- Round-trip train fares
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Lunch included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourStart with a pickup from your Delhi hotel between 6:30 7 a.m. to the citys Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway station, where youll catch the premium non-stop fast train to Agra with light breakfast served on board.
Meet your driver upon arrival and make your way to the iconic Taj Mahal with your guide. Learn about the Mughal architecture as your guide discusses the Mughal empires history. Then enjoy a buffet-style lunch at a quality restaurant.
Thereafter head to the Agra Fort, made of red sandstone white marble, and admire the fort from outside the Army Gate. You do not visit inside the fort.
Start the cultural walk and head to Ambedkar Park that is named in the memory of the architect of Indian constitution Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. Hop onto a cycle rickshaw and head to the old bazaar area. Visit the mid-17th century Shahi Jama Masjid. Then tickle your taste buds in an Indian snack shop and a shop specializing in Paan which is a combination of areca nut and other ingredients wrapped in a betel leaf.
During the walk, your guide will suggest places for lunch. Then visit a place specializing in bridal wear, and perhaps witness one of the dresses being handcrafted. Thereafter visit a local temple dedicated to Hindu deity Shiva, and marvel at a balcony with intricately carved sculptors.
Then walk through a spice market and see as well as smell and taste various spices in different forms - whole, chopped, ground, roasted, sauted, and fried. End your walk in a garden dating back to Mughal times, and affording a magnificent view of the majestic Taj Mahal. Also get an opportunity to get dressed in age old Mughal attire and feel like royalty.
Catch the evening train to Delhi, and enjoy a meal on board. A private driver will return you to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Agra Day Tour: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort And Kachhpura Village
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private English-speaking guide
- Professional driver
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Round-trip train tickets between Delhi and Agra
- Entrance fees
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Bottled water in vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private Agra Day Tour: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort And Kachhpura Village
- Gratuities (optional)
- Camera fee in monuments
Itinerary:In order to confirm your train reservations, please verify the following information with local operator upon booking:
- Full Name
- Age and Date of Birth
- Passport Number and Nationality
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
A current valid government issued passport or ID is required on the day of travel
Please note that tour duration includes travel time; on any given day, traffic conditions in India may be busy and you may spend a good amount of time in transit
In order to confirm train booking, please confirm the following information upon booking: Full Name, Gender, Age and Date of Birth, Passport Number and Nationality
French, Spanish or German language-speaking guide services are available at no extra charge. Please contact your tour operator to make arrangements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Heritage Day Tour of Old and New Delhi
- Private Tour: Same Day Trip to Agra Including Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah From New Delhi
- 1-Day Golden Triangle Tour by Car Agra and Jaipur from Delhi
- Indira Gandhi International Airport Plaza Premium Lounge (Departure)
- 2-Day Private Tour of Amritsar from Delhi by Train
- Old Delhi Half Day Small Group Tour