Private Antique Tour In JakartaWrite a Review
We live in the present, but the past heritage can teach us many things. Lose yourself through a gentle walk along antique stalls that bring you back to the old time as you discover the wide collection of the National Museum of Indonesia. A tasty Peranakan cuisine will complete your day.
The highlight of this tour includes Surabaya street which is famous for its antiques stalls of wood sculptures, puppets, masks, porcelain and metal ornaments. The National Museum, Vihara Darma Yakti and Santa Maria Church.
Lunch will be served at Dapur Babah Restaurant.
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
In the morning you will be picked up from your hotel and will head to Jalan Surabaya. Upon arrival, walk along this straight road which is famous for its antique stalls and lighting as well as modern goods including hand bags and golf stuff. This market has been around since 1970 which initially was only open on weekends. Enjoy your time walking around from one stall to another filling in your curiosity.Â
Next visit the National Museum (closed on Mondays). The collection of this museum covers all Indonesiaâs territory and almost all of its history. It is an archeological, ethnological, historical and geographical museum. This National Museum keeps the largest collection of Hindu-Buddhist ancient art of Indonesia which you can see before heading to Surabaya Street.Â
Afterwards, transfer to Dapur Babah restaurant. This restaurant is famous for their signature dish Peranakan cuisine a fusion of Javanese spices, Dutchâs rich flavors and Chinese sweet & spicy seasoning. There is also a little art museum with soul and romance displayed through the interior.Â
After your lunch, you will discover the oldest Buddhist temple in Jakarta: Vihara Darma Yakti that was built by the Chinese captain Oei Tjhie in 1755 to replace a previously demolished Buddhist temple that dated back to 1650. Predominately red, the temple interior features ancient bells and drums. Continue to see another religious landmark, the Santa Maria Church with a very strong Chinese influence with red doors and Chinese style roofs before being taken back to your accommodation.
Inclusions for Private Antique Tour In Jakarta
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Private Antique Tour In Jakarta
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.