OverviewDiscover Asuncin, the capital of Paraguay. Asuncin is one of the oldest cities in South America and is known as "Mother of Cities". You'll visit the house where the Independence got proclaimed "Casa de la Independencia", the Catedral and the train station, one of the oldest in South America. Other attractions on the itinerary include the National Pantheon of Heroes and oratory of the Virgin Our Lady Saint Mary of the Asuncin. Also you will visit the new business center boasting modern banks, shops and offices.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourWalk through the main streets visiting the National Pantheon of Heroes, designed by Italian architect Alejandro Ravizza in collaboration with the builder Giacomo Colombino, where you'll learn about Paraguay's last 200 years of independence. After 30 minutes, continue the tour, walking along the main street Palma until reaching the old building of the "Cabildo". Here, you get some general information of Paraguayan society.
Make your way on foot through the streets towards the new Congress building, and learn about Paraguayan politics, the system of government, composition of political parties and the election system. At 10am, you'll arrive at the esplanade of the Government Palace "Palacio de López", where you'll gain valuable insight into how government affects Paraguayan architecture.
Hop inside a car and set off on a sightseeing tour through the neighborhoods of the city. Pass by the popular market "Mercado 4 or Pettirossi". Also, you'll visit the Recoleta Cemetery you'll see the various constructions of the place, myths and legends (20 minutes).
At approximately 11:30am, you'll head to the main business area, passing by new shopping centers, banks and modern financial institutions.
Inclusions for Private Asunción City Sightseeing Tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Asunción City Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.