Learn about Greek art and history on a private half-day tour of two must-visit Athens museums: Byzantine and Christian Museum and the National Archaeological Museum. Led by an art-loving local guide, the tour highlights the most incredible pieces of religious art created during the Byzantine period, plus the different eras of Greek civilization. See key mosaics, paintings, books and more on this exciting art history tour that includes all public transport costs. The only thing you need to pay for is the entrance fee to each museum.
- Excellent value for money
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide at Evangelismos metro station in central Athens, and then walk to the nearby Byzantine and Christian Museum. After paying your entrance fee, head inside and explore the incredible collection of antiquities, religious artifacts and paintings from the days of Byzantine Empire in Greece.
With some 25,000 artifacts on display, the museum is vast, and knowing where to start can be bewildering. Let your guide introduce you to its best bits while learning about the era that stretched roughly from 600 BC to the mid-15th century. Highlights of the museum include a beautiful gallery of Coptic Christian paintings, mosaic icons inside the reconstructed Christian church and a collection of medieval books. The building itself is both beautiful and historic, too: It was once the palace of a Greek duchess.
Enjoy a break in the museum’s on-site café, and then take the metro with your guide to the National Archaeological Museum, the largest archaeological exhibition in Greece. Devoted to ancient Greek art, the exhibition space comprises several spacious rooms featuring art from the Stone Age, Cycladic and Minoan eras, as well as Classical and Hellenistic works. Learn about Greek civilization throughout the different artistic periods while browsing the exhibitions and admiring sculptures, paintings and metalwork.
Your private tour finishes inside the National Archaeological Museum; you can stay inside after your tour, if you wish.
Inclusions for Private Athens Art Tour: National Archaeological Museum And Byzantine And Christian Museum
- Local guide
Exclusions for Private Athens Art Tour: National Archaeological Museum And Byzantine And Christian Museum
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees (approximately 11 euros)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Athens Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
- Private Tour: Gourmet Food Walking Tour In Athens
- Athens Scenic Bike Tour
- Hidden Athens Walking Tour And Picnic: Plaka And The Hills Of Athens
- Acropolis Of Athens Segway Tour
- Corinth Half-Day Trip From Athens
- Sunset At The Cape Sounion Half Day Tour
- Athens Walking Tour
- Mythology Games And National Garden Tour
- Olympic Crazy Cart Driving And Mythology Games