Private Bangalore Tour: City Sightseeing Including Anjaneya Temple - Bengaluru
OverviewDiscover the city of Bangalore and its best attractions on this comprehensive sightseeing tour with a private guide. Trace the history of Indias colonial past and learn about its religion, culture and wildlife conservation with stops at temples, art galleries, museums and parks. Driving by private vehicle past lovely gardens and along clean roads, youll visit Anjaneya and Rajarajeshwari temples, Bannerghatta Biological Park, the National Gallery of Modern Art and Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium. Youll be won over by the beauty of Bangalore!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour professional guide will pick you up from your hotel and take you by private vehicle on your sightseeing tour of Bangalore, traveling along boulevards past beautiful gardens. Start your private tour with a visit to the ISKCON temple (International Society for Krishna Consciousness), which offers visitors a unique spiritual and architectural perspective; Hare Krishna devotees built the temple in the late 1990s in a neo-classical style with materials that blend tradition and modernity. After your visit, enjoy breakfast (own expense) at a city restaurant and head to the Anjaneya and Rajarajeshwari temples.
Visit Anjaneya temple -- dedicated to Hanuman, the Hindu monkey-god' -- and see shrines devoted to Shivalinga, Rama, Sita and Lakshmana. Stop by the centuries-old temple of Raja Rajeshwari, constructed in the Dravidian style of architecture and showcasing a six-foot stone image of its main deity, a goddess who stands under a pala tree.
After exploring these fascinating temples with your guide, drive to the Bannerghatta Biological Park, home to several species of mammals, birds and reptiles. Part of the sprawling Bannerghatta National Park, established in 1971 for wildlife conservation, the biological park includes a zoo, butterfly park and rescue center, but is especially known for its tiger and lion safari. Your guide will accompany you to observe wild animals, such as striped hyenas, sloth bears and wild boar, in their natural habitat.
Enjoy a sumptuous lunch at another city restaurant (own expense) before proceeding to several Bangalore museums. Visit the National Gallery of Modern Art, located on Palace Road, and admire the many paintings, sculptures and prints that reflect the region's rich cultural history. Here, your guide will enlighten you about works by Raja Ravi Verma, Rabindranath Tagore, Amrita Sher-gil, Gagendranath Tagaore, Jamini Roy and M.F. Hussain.
Next, drive to Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium for stargazing under a dome with a 49-foot (15-meter) diameter and a seating capacity of 210. Watch the night sky as seen by the naked eye while stars and planets are projected onto the dome with a space master' planetarium projector. Then, marvel at more great works at Chitrakala Parishat Art Gallery, where a wide range of Indian and international contemporary art is on display. Your guide will show you lavish gold-leaf works of Mysore-style paintings as well as folk and tribal art from across Asia. Finally, visit the Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain and enjoy the visual delight of the light and sound show together with the synchronized rhythmic dancing of the water before your driver drops you off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Bangalore Tour: City Sightseeing Including Anjaneya Temple
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Private Bangalore Tour: City Sightseeing Including Anjaneya Temple
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
National Gallery of Modern Art and Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium are closed every Monday
Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain is closed every Monday and 2nd Tuesday of each month
Bannerghatta Biological Park is closed every Tuesday
Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Shivanasamudra Waterfalls and Ancient Somnathpur Full-Day Tour from Bangalore including Breakfast and Lunch
- Private Walking Tour: In the Footsteps of the 'Tiger of Mysore'
- Private Half-Day Tour of Bangalore
- Private Day Trip to Shravanabelagola from Bangalore
- Private Full Day Sightseeing Tour Around Bangalore
- Guided Local Shopping Experience Including Breakfast