OverviewTake in the highlights of Beijing, including the Great Wall, on this private day trip with flight from Guangzhou. Amble around the restored Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China with your professional private guide. After a traditional Chinese lunch at a local restaurant, visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City youll be amazed by the historical and cultural riches to be found in this capital of the People's Republic of China!
- Airport transfer
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Round-trip airfares
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your Guangzhou hotel, transfer to the Guangzhou airport for your flight to Beijing. When you land at the Beijing airport, your local guide and driver will be waiting for you and will transport you by private, air-conditioned vehicle to begin your full-day tour of China’s capital.
The first stop on your private tour is the less-crowded Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China, located 56 miles (90 km) from Beijing. Climb the steep steps to the wall for about 30 minutes, and walk at your own pace along the ancient stone pathway. (The Great Wall is quite steep in places, so be sure to wear appropriate footwear. If you’d prefer an easier climb, take a chairlift or cable car to the top of the wall and back at additional cost.)
Next, ascend the Ming Dynasty watchtowers, which offer unrivaled panoramic views of the Great Wall snaking through the gorgeous countryside. Enjoy fantastic photo opportunities as your guide engages you with historical facts and anecdotes about ancient China.
Take in spectacular views surrounding the Mutianyu Great Wall, which stretches 3,370 miles (6,000 km) westward from the mountain ridges north of Beijing, and learn how the Great Wall of China was originally built more than 2,000 years ago to ward off Hun intruders from the north. You’ll have plenty of time to explore the winding wall before your guide delivers you back to Beijing for the afternoon portion of your tour. Afterward, enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch served at a nearby establishment.
Your sightseeing tour of the Beijing city area begins at Tiananmen Square – framed by the Gate of Heavenly Peace with its portrait of Mao Zedong, Mao's Mausoleum, the Great Hall of the People and the National Museum. Hear an overview from your guide about China's communist history as you tour Tiananmen's grounds, halls and monuments.
From here, enjoy a short walk to the Forbidden City and its Imperial Palace Museum, with a peek at each Chinese dynasty represented in four palatial halls. See ancient treasures from thousands of years of history in this former home of China’s imperial rulers. Admire the maze of palaces, gardens and stunning courtyards as your guide informs you about China’s imperial history.
**Please be advised that the Forbidden City is closed on Mondays. Temple of Heaven or Summer Palace will be substituted instead.
If you book the one-way flight option, your tour concludes here. If you book the round-trip option, you will be driven back to the Beijing airport for your return flight to Guangzhou. When you arrive, a local driver will be on hand to transfer you by private vehicle back to your Guangzhou hotel.
Inclusions for Private Beijing Day Trip By Air From Guangzhou
- Entrance fees as indicated in itinerary
- Round-trip or one-way airfare from Guangzhou
- Guangzhou and Beijing airport transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Beijing Day Trip By Air From Guangzhou
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please provide the full names shown on the passport and passport number upon reconfirmation in order to issue the air tickets
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable clothes and walking shoes are recommended
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please be advised that the Forbidden City is closed on Mondays. Temple of Heaven or Summer Palace will be substituted instead
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.