Private Bespoke Hampton Court Palace Tour - London
OverviewA private and personalised tour from London.You will be picked up direct by private vehicle and taken back in time to the world famous Hampton Court Palace. Most famous as the home of Henry VIII, but also a Royal Palace for many others including Elizabeth I, Charles I and joint monarchs William and Mary.Your private guide will share the the fascinating history of the palace, and you will be able to roam at your own leisure. No strict schedules or being herded around in a large group. You will then be dropped back direct to your Hotel or other central London location.HighlightsPrivate Tour with your own Driver and GuideHenry VIII Palace, Kitchens and Great Hall wonderfully preservedExplore the stunning grounds and Gardens including the maze and Henry VIII Tennis courtHear stories of hidden tunnels, rooms and the many Ghosts!All entrance fees included and transport door to door
Know More about this tour
I will meet you in my private comfortable vehicle from your London accommodation. Just you and me. No large tour groups or schedules to worry about. We go and explore this fascinating Palace at your pace.
Hampton Court Palaceis a place that just oozes history. Wondering around the courtyards and corridors you are transported back to Tudor timeswhen this became a Royal palace for the notorious Henry VIII.This was home to the King and his ill fated Wives. It was also the birthplace of Edward VI and home to Elizabeth I.
The palace was originally built for King Henry's right hand man Cardinal Worlsey, the second most powerful man in England in 1515. But Worlsey was eventually to fall from the Kings favour and the palace was seized. (Fortunately Worlsey died of natural causes before he could be hung, drawn and quartered)
King Henry VIII had a court of 1000 people, and they all needed to be fed and watered. And Henry liked to entertain on a grand scale. The kitchens he had extended are some of the best preserved medieval kitchens in the world. You may even get the chance to turn a Beef joint on a roasting spit!
After King Henry's death, Elizabeth I made the palace her home, and in fact this was a Royal residence right up until William III in 1714. (Who fell from his horse in the grounds of the palace due to a mole hill!)
The palace also escaped the destruction of the English Civil war, and Hampton Court went from being a home to Charles I to becoming his prison.During William and Mary's jointreign the Tudor part of the palace was almost lost. The Architect Sir Christopher Wren was employed to turn Hampton Courtinto a rival of the Palace of Versailles. Luckily for us, the King ran out of money, and today we are left with a palace containing two distinct parts, Tudor and Baroque.
For those interested in Ghosts, Hampton Court is the place to come! Many visitors often feel faint in the haunted gallery, and reports of phantoms, and ghostly sightings are common among staff and visitors.
On this tour we will also have the chance to wander around the beautiful gardens at Hampton Court. We can pop in to King Henry VIII personal Tennis court, or perhaps visit the worlds largest Grape Vine planted by the famous Landscaper Lancelot Capability Brown.
Remember, as with all my tours what we see and do is up to you, and you are in charge of our schedule. I am a personal guide exclusively for you.
The tour includes -
Pick up and drop off to any central London accommodation or convenient meeting spot in a private vehicle. You will be my only guests.
All entry costs to the Palace and Gardens
My exclusive time as your personal guide and driver.
Flexible pick up and drop off times.
A tour totally at your pace.
Inclusions for Private Bespoke Hampton Court Palace Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Bespoke Hampton Court Palace Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Audio Headsets available in various languages
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Madame Tussauds Entry Ticket
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Bus and London Eye Ticket
- London Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Shrek's Adventure Admission Ticket
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Tower of London Ticket
- Vegan Food Tour Experience in London
- Private Departure Transfer:Central London to London Heathrow Airport for Up to 5 Passengers
- Private Departure Transfer:Central London to London Heathrow Airport for Up to 3 Passengers
- Activity and Yoga Retreat