Private Bespoke Tour: Sherlock Holmes And Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - London
OverviewThe game is afoot....For all Sherlock Holmes fans! The perfect tour to take you deep into the Victorian world of the great Detective and his loyal friend Dr J Watson.This tour focuses on the original stories written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle from the 1880's - 1925. Your guide is a true 'Sherlockian' and previously worked at the Sherlock Holmes Museum in Baker Street, so you are in very safe hands!Highlights Include:The places where Conan Doyle lived and wrote 'The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes'See where Sherlock and Watson first metBuilidings, Landmarks, and Streets featured in the storiesDr Watson's Home and Surgery after he marriedThe Langham Hotel - The meeting that took place here bought Sherlock to the world!221b Baker Street and Optional Visit to The Sherlock Holmes MuseumOther iconic London locations included on the tour St Paul's, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben.
Know More about this tour
You will be met personally at your Central London accommodation by your private guide, and then the adventure begins...
Let's rewind the clock and get lost in the London of the 1880's when Holmes and Watson first met. The days of Hansom Cabs, gas lit streets, and dense city fogs. We will follow Sherlock Holmes and Watson as they leave Conan Doyle's Pen and go on to become the most famous Consulting Detective Partnership in the world. This tour is designed to give you details on the history and locations of the original Sherlock Holmes stories and the life of the man that created him Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Before moving to London Conan Doyle had already started work on his new characters Sheringford Holmes and Ormond Sacker - (These later developed into Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson) He would write in between patients whilst at his day job as a Doctor.
He achieved some early success with Holmes and Watson which attracted the attention of agents in America. We will visit the Langham Hotel scene of the famous meeting with Oscar Wilde, Conan Doyle and the Philadelphia Publisher that would help catapult Sherlock Holmes to a global audience.
You will see the original Scotland Yard where Lestrade and Hopkins were based, and famous locations relating to Hound of The Baskervilles, plus the very place where Holmes and Watson first met. Perhaps we may take quick peek into Simpsons in The Strand, Sherlock's favourite restaurant where he would "take nourishment" after a case. (Later one of Winston Churchill's favourite spots)
On our journey through the streets of London we will encounter the locations and buildings that inspired Conan Doyle. For those who also enjoy the modern BBC series 'Sherlock' we can include a couple of key filming locations from the show.
Our tour will end at the Sherlock Holmes Museum at 221b Baker Street where you will have the option to visit the shop for Sherlock related souvenirs, or perhaps take a look round the Museum.
This tour also covers some great London landmarks like St Paul's Cathedral, Big Ben, The Strand, and Trafalgar Square.
Treat yourself to a tour at your pace with no rushing or herding about. Just you and your own private 'Sherlockian' Guide!
Inclusions for Private Bespoke Tour: Sherlock Holmes And Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Bespoke Tour: Sherlock Holmes And Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- This is mainly a walking tour, but an Oyster Card or travel card is required for the London Underground to make it easier to move between locations.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Madame Tussauds Entry Ticket
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Bus and London Eye Ticket
- London Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Shrek's Adventure Admission Ticket
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Tower of London Ticket
- Vegan Food Tour Experience in London
- Private Departure Transfer:Central London to London Heathrow Airport for Up to 5 Passengers
- Private Departure Transfer:Central London to London Heathrow Airport for Up to 3 Passengers
- Activity and Yoga Retreat