Private Biking Expedition In The City Of Lakes
OverviewThis is an early morning bike tour with a visit to the popular lakes, the village of arts and crafts and the picturesque country side. The bike tour covers the citys famous and beautiful lakes such as Badi and the Fatehsagar. A peek into Shilpgram that showcases art and craft items done by the village folks. A ride through the vibrant countryside, lush village fields and switchbacks adventurous and invigorating.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All necessary equipment included
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
You would see the shimmering reflections of the palaces, temples, havelis in the many lakes of Udaipur, which thrives as much in its regal glory as in the narrow lanes of its busy streets. Hailed as Venice of the east, for its natural and artificial fresh water bodies, Udaipur sports the Aravalli hills in the backdrop with lake Pichola meandering around the vibrant, the ancient, the antique and the nouvelle. As you go on a biking tour of Udaipur, there is a lot to explore and discover.
When you start your early morning biking expedition at 6:30am, you may hear a temple bell ringing or the boatmen calling out to for a ride, or the jingle and clang of the trinkets of the womenfolk, about to start their day. The crack of dawn will breathe in as much freshness into you, as you set off to tour Udaipur, to reach your first stop the fatehsagar lake by around 6:45 am. The lake captures the morning glory of dawn, in a picture-perfect scene. You would feel invigorated with a cool, gentle breeze blowing in from the lake, as you set forth to Shilpgram , which is a village cooperative to showcase the artistry and craftsmanship of rural artisans and tribesmen. As you pass through attractive handicrafts, canvases of tribal art, you head towards Badi lake, riding through steep climbs, country roads, lush village fields, switchbacks, as you catch a glimpse of seasonal waterfalls on the way.
You reach the Badi lake at about 8:00 am. The lake is an artificial fresh water lake built by Maharana Raj Singh in the 17th century. There are three chhatris or pavilions that grace the lake. You could enjoy a short snack break near the lake and refresh a bit before you head back on your bike, through the forest route, to the city.
A city of lakes, palaces and ancient streets here is a place where the palace trains cannot by-pass the narrow crooked lanes that are as attractive for their merchandise as the peacock mosaics of royalty. You get the best of both worlds.
Inclusions for Private Biking Expedition In The City Of Lakes
- Local guide
- Bottled Mineral water and energy drinks
- Route map
- Light refreshments en-route
- Brand new geared bicycles with helmets
- Well experienced bicycle tour captains
- A tour escort at the end following all the cyclists
- A support vehicle with first aid kit and a stand-by bicycle
- There will be a trained bicycle mechanic present throughout the tour
Exclusions for Private Biking Expedition In The City Of Lakes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 20 years
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
You Might Also Like
- The Museum Vessel VITYAZ in Kaliningrad
- "Poopoo Land" Attraction Ticket
- Private Transfers in Puno between Bus or Train Station - Hotel
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA