Private Binondo Chinatown Food Tour - Manila
OverviewJoin this private tour and make your way around the historic Binondo area in Manila known as the world's oldest Chinatown. Enjoy a day of eating a wide array of Chinese and Filipino inspired delicacies from no less than 7 local restaurants and food outlets.The tour will be led by an English speaking local guide who will regale the brief histories of the area as you visit a variety of local stores, a Church and a Chinese Temple.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourStart your day at theMinor Basilica of Saint Lorenzo Ruiz also known as Binondo Church, the heart of the Catholic community in Chinatown. See the Chinese influence and learn a brief history on the century old structure.
You will take a walk to your first restaurant stop of the day, New Po Heng Lumpia House. This hole in the wall canteen is seldom chanced upon by outsiders. Enjoy the fresh lumpia made from tofu, cabbage, carrots, lettuce, cilantro, ground peanuts and seaweed rolled together in a thin rice paper wrapper that locals know and love.
Next,cross the road and enter Carvajal street, where you will find a little alleyway with multiple stalls during the weekdays filled with local produce, fruits and weird sea creatures destined for local tables.
Then, we stop at James Grocery and take a look at their wide selection of pickled fruits and salted nuts. Try some pickled mangoes to invigorate your appetite.
Make your way to another hidden gem known as Dong Bei Dumplings and sample some of their hand made pork and leak dumplings.
We will continue our Binondo food adventure towards Masuki Mami House and slurp up some hot noodles at this decades old establishment. Drop by Diao Eng Chai and have a taste of their chicken pies. Take some to go as you make your way to a local Chinese temple where you can offer a few prayers for luck.
Stop by a small kiosk and sample their fried siopao, a local variety of steamed and fried bun.
On your way back and you will visit Cafe Mezzanine for some Kiampong rice paired with pan fried pork belly known as lechon kawali. End your meal with a lovely and cool glass of sweet halo halo to perfectly cap off theday.
Finally drop by Eng Bee Tin for some pastries known as Hopia to go before ending up at the Binondo Church.
Inclusions for Private Binondo Chinatown Food Tour
- Beverages and food as per itinerary
- Private tour with English-speaking local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option is selected)
Exclusions for Private Binondo Chinatown Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
A maximum of 5 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Manila Hotel to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- Full-Day Cintai Coritos Garden Tour from Manila
- Villa Escudero Plantation Tour with Lunch
- Private Arrival Transfer: Ninoy Aquino International Airport to Manila
- Introduction to Philippine History Art and Cuisine Walking Tour
- Full-Day Taal Trekking Shared Trip from Manila