Private Boat Trip On Lakes Of KillarneyWrite a Review
What a fantastic way to spend time with your family and friends in a private boat on the Lakes of Killarney.
Cruise to Innisfallen Island - Innisfallen island can be seen in the distance from Ross Castle out beyond the entrance to the bay. A monastery was founded on Innisfallen in the 7th century and it became a seat of learning and it is said that King Brian Boru studied there. On the island are the remains of the extensive 12th century Augustinian priory and a small 11th -12th century Romanesque church. The annals of Innisfallen, a major source of early Irish history and now stored in the Bodleian Library in Oxford were written there . There are also 21 acres to be explored
We also offer a cruise on the Lakes without visiting Innisfallen.
This tour can accommodate from 2 to 12 persons.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Small group ensures personal service
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourDepart from Ross Castle which sits on the edge of Killarney's lower lake and was built by O'Donoghue Mór in the 15th century.
The Castle came into the hands of the Brownes who became the Earls of Kenmare and owned an extensive portion of the lands that are now part of Killarney National Park. Legend has it that O'Donoghue still exists in a deep slumber under the waters of Lough Leane. On the first morning of May every seven years he rises from the lake on his magnificent white horse and circles the lake. Anyone catching a glimpse of him is said to be assured of good fortune for the rest of their lives. The large rock at the entrance to the bay is known as O'Donoghue's prison. Ross Castle was the last stronghold in Munster to hold out against Cromwell. It was eventually taken by General Ludlow in 1652.
You can choose from two options of boat trips, either cruise or visit Innisfallen Island. After the boat trip on Killarney Lower Lake and arriving at Innisfallen Island there will 20-30 minutes to stay on the island. When you depart, you will have another 20 minutes on the boat before arriving back to Ross Castle.
Inclusions for Private Boat Trip On Lakes Of Killarney
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Private Boat Trip On Lakes Of Killarney
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Hotel collection and drop off can be arranged with prior notice - 00353 64 6631251. (extra charge)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.