Private Busan Countryside Tour: Andong Hahoe Folk VillageWrite a Review
OverviewThis private day trip with a professional guide introduces you to two cultural attractions in Andong. After a drive by private minivan, youll visit Hahoe Folk Village, a UNESCO World Heritage site famous for its traditional houses dating back to the Joseon Dynasty. Watch a mask dance performance before exploring Confucian traditions at the Andong Folk Museum, where indoor and outdoor exhibits represent the Andong lifestyle. A Korean lunch and round-trip hotel transport from Busan are included.
Know More about this tourStart your day trip from Busan with hotel pickup, and depart for Andong City by private, air-conditioned vehicle. Enjoy the panorama of Koreas countryside during the approximately 3-hour drive to your destination. Along the way, listen as your friendly guide shares information about the days attractions.
Your first stop is Hahoe Folk Village, designated a UNESCO World Heritage site for its well-preserved traditional houses. Home to descendants of the Ryu clan of Pungsan, Hahoe (translated as village enveloped by water) is located in the foothills of Hwasan mountain and is flanked by the Nakdong River that flows around it.
Walk with your guide to the village center, which showcases large tile-roofed houses, a sharp contrast to the surrounding thatched roofs. Learn about Joseon-style architecture and folk arts stemming from the 16th century, and watch a mask dance performance, which traditionally honored the villages communal spirits.
After enjoying a variety of Korean foods for lunch at a local restaurant, visit the Andong Folk Museum to discover Confucian cultural traditions. Amid two floors and a large courtyard, view the social customs, folk games and traditional ceremonies of the past via exhibits based on the lives of the regions people.
Your full-day tour ends with the return to your hotel in Busan.
Inclusions for Private Busan Countryside Tour: Andong Hahoe Folk Village
- Entrance fees
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Private Busan Countryside Tour: Andong Hahoe Folk Village
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A maximum of 6 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear a comfortable pair of shoes
Tour is subject to change without notice due to local conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.