Private Canoe Safari To River Osmajoki From VarkausWrite a Review
OverviewExplore the River Osmajoki routeÂ and discover someÂ of Finlandâs wilderness via waterways on this private 3-hour canoe safari near Varkaus. Paddle along the pretty river all the way to Lake RuokojÃ¤rviÂ with a private guide and gain insight into the regionâs rich history and culture. Admire the nature and wild birds inÂ the winding riverbanks. Sip hot coffee and admire the beautiful scenery by the campfire, and upgrade your tour to include a camp lunch.
Know More about this tourHop into your canoe at 9am at Honkapirtti Beach and paddle through narrow river routeÂ onto the open waters of Lake RuokojÃ¤rvi with your private guide to begin your 3-hour tour.Â
Along the way, listen as your private guide sheds light on the regionâs geography, and keep watch for lake birdsÂ playing in the shoreline. Lake RuokojÃ¤rvi is famous for a rich population of migrating birds, especially in the spring. In fact, one of the best times to take this tour is end of April and early May when there are thousands of birds around and the arrival of spring is like a bigÂ show.Â As the summer advances, the lake will get covered by reeds, and paddling through the labyrinth like waterway is like being in an American swamps area, except here there are no crocodiles!
Sip hot coffee by the open fire, and upgrade your tour to include a campfire meal prepared by your private guide. When your 3-hour canoe trip comes to an end, paddle back to your starting point in HonkapirttiÂ to conclude your tour.
This tour suits also first time paddlers. Your guide will give you full instructions about paddling, and you will learn the basics during the tour.
Inclusions for Private Canoe Safari To River Osmajoki From Varkaus
- Private guide
- Canoe rental
- Light refreshments
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off from any hotel in Varkaus included in fee. If coming from elsewhere you may contact guide for transportation at a low cost
Exclusions for Private Canoe Safari To River Osmajoki From Varkaus
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.