Private Caracol Tour From San Ignacio
OverviewJoin this private full day tour and get ready to explore this once very powerful Maya site where great Maya rulers and royals ruled, lived, died and now lay buried. Let the surrounding jungle whisper its secrets of past and present civilizations. Walk and explore places where only royals were allowed. Peak into their living quarters and let your imagination take you back in time and marvel at what was left behind. Included in this tour is a one-hour stop at the popular swimming spot of Rio on Pools where you can relax and swim before continuing back to San Ignacio Town.
- Family friendly
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Led by a local guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYour full-day tour will start 7am from your San Ignacio hotel and will travel through the Mountain Pine Ridge giving you a glimpse of its exotic flora and fauna surrounding Caracol's major structures (e.g.Caana) and astronomical observatory.
The tour includes your tour guide, lunch, entrance fees and transportation on a comfortable air conditioned vehicle. It also includes Rio Frio Cave and a optional stop (swimming spots) at Rio on Pools.
Climb the tallest man made structure in Belize called Caana and explore the living quarters of some of the most powerful elite, rulers of Caracol. Walk where they once did and let those ancient pathways guide where only powerful royals once did.
This tour offers the opportunity to glimpse the exotic wildlife that the spectacular nature reserve has to offer.
Inclusions for Private Caracol Tour From San Ignacio
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Rio Frio Cave and Rio on Pools
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Local, professional driver/guide
- Transport by private, air conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Private Caracol Tour From San Ignacio
- The listed price does not include a departure tax per person, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any hotel outside San Ignacio Town, Cayo District may incur a small additional fee
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.