Private Cardona And Salt Mountain Cultural Park Tour From Barcelona
OverviewEnjoy a trip into the depths of Catalonia to visit 'The Salt Mountain and travel back in time into the impregnable medieval town of Cardona. Your expert guide will pick you up at your hotel in private transport to comfortably reach this historic town. Here you will be introduced to one of the most important salt deposits in the world, thus called Salt Mountain. After, with your guide you will walk through the streets and squares of an authentic Catalan medieval village to finally visit the impregnable Castle of Cardona.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThe natural environment of Cardona is one of the most particular of the geography: south of the town is the astonished Saline Valley of Cardona, an open pit exploited since Neolithic times. This depression in the ground, elongated - ellipse shaped, has unique natural features in the world that have made it worthy of inclusion in the Plan for Areas of Natural Interest in Catalonia.
Here was opened, from 1929 to 1990, which was once one of the most important salt mines of the planet. Today the area has been adapted and transformed into the Salt Mountain Cultural Park. Its visit will allow us to see the museum area, located outdoors in the old mine shaft, 'Maria Teresa', which tells the story of the industrial exploitation of the Valley. Next, you will be on a guided tour 86m deep: inside the Salt Mountain galleries, you will admire the curious images produced by the various colorful folds and seams, and the creation of incredible stalactites and stalagmites formations.
After this trip to this millennia natural site, you will visit the historic center of Cardona, flanked by Romanesque and Gothic buildings, while your specialized guide provides the most exciting legends and chronicles occurred in this enclave. In Cardona, the traces of its past discover the strong and brave character of its population.
Cardona has experienced some of the most important episodes in the history and walking through its streets and visiting the castle-fortress is like traveling ten centuries back in time. The Castle of Cardona is one of the best preserved medieval historic areas in Spain. In 1714, during the War of Spanish Succession, it was a real impregnable fortress and later even its citadel could not be taken by the redoubtable Napoleon.
If you want to discover real hidden treasures of Catalonias geography, history and architecture, choose this unique tour to Cardona.
Inclusions for Private Cardona And Salt Mountain Cultural Park Tour From Barcelona
- Professional local guide
- Walking tour of medieval town of Cardona
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel or apartment pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Cardona And Salt Mountain Cultural Park Tour From Barcelona
- Food and drinks
- Entrance tickets Salt Mountain Cultural Park and Cardona Castle (approx. 16)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guitarra y Flamenco
- 2 hour Sailing Cruise Barcelona
- 2 hour Private Sunset Sailing Cruise
- Heli-Skiing in Andorra
- Barcelona Markets Tour with a Chef and Food Tasting - Premium Small Group
- Paella Cooking workshop with a Chef & Lunch, Wines & Friends - Small Group
- Gaud - The Park Gell Tour
- Jewish Quarter of Barcelona: one of the most important Jewish Communities of the Medieval Europe