OverviewFeel the adrenaline boarding a volcano!
Climb a steep and difficult to walk volcano of 500 meters high and descend it in less than 10 minutes! Begin the adventure walking 1 hour to the top of the Cerro Negro Volcano. Once you reach the summit, you will enjoy the panoramic view and unique landscape of the Cerro Negro.
To end this amazing journey, prepare yourself to make your heart beat faster in a 5 minutes or less sandboarding descent! Are you ready?
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourThe adventure starts in Managua when you are picked up at your hotel in a 4WD vehicle with the boards and adventure equipment.
In one hour and a half, you travel from the capital of Managua to the beautiful and colonial city of León. The route of 90 kilometers from one department to another is filled with landscapes as volcanoes, sorghum plantations, small towns, nature; perfect for a journey. The volcano is located 25km away from the city of León.
The hiking starts. Though the volcano is not that high (500 mt.), the one hour ascent can result exhausting. It is recommended to bring with you water, fresh comfortable clothing, sport shoes and sunblock. Don’t forget your camera!
At the top, the rocky and grey landscape turns into a wonderful view of blues and greens; you get to see part of the volcanic chain, the craters, the fumaroles, and more. At this point of your journey, you can get time (about 30 minutes) to take some of the best photos of your life.
Get your sandboarding clothing on, listen to your guide explaining how to board the volcano, and get ready to feel pure adrenaline.
In case you decide not to do the sandboarding, you can descend the volcano running down, which is fun, too!
Inclusions for Private: Cerro Negro Volcano Sandboarding
- Entrance fees
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Private: Cerro Negro Volcano Sandboarding
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for child aged 10 and under
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Dress code is smart casual (tropical and hiking clothing)
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative.
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.