Join a like-minded local to explore Bologna while the medieval and Renaissance porticos are draped in twinkling lights and the markets are adorned with traditional Christmas garlands, and soak up the festive atmosphere together. Do like the locals do and gather to see the nativity scenes at Cattedrale di San Pietro and Palazzo dAccursio, an annual local tradition. Wander through the streets and admire the decorations, maybe picking up affordable, handmade gifts and crafts from street side stalls that spring up in December. Visit the Mercato di Mezzo and Santa Lucia Christmas market to buy gifts and try the festive culinary treats that are a well loved Christmas tradition in Bologna. Learn about other Christmas traditions from your local as you explore the city and markets, maybe stopping to enjoy a glass of wine or hot chocolate.
- Join a local to discover Bolognas most beautiful Christmas lights and classic festive scenes
- Wander through the beautifully decorated historic streets and medieval porticos draped in lights
- Browse Christmas and foodie markets to soak up the festive atmosphere and buy some locally made gifts or decorations
- Discover Christmas traditions and try festive treats and sweets in the market
- Visit the citys best loved nativity scenes
- Get recommendations from your local for other Christmas things to do during your trip
At CityUnscripted they connect curious travelers to locals who are interesting and sociable people, who know the city well and who love to share their favourite places. They are not tour guides by profession. Enjoy the feeling of having a friend in every city you visit; someone who can show you the places youll fall in love with and help you to connect with the most authentic soul of a place.
Book this meet-upand the CityUnscripted team will contact you within 24 hours and ask you questions about your preferences and interests, so they can match you with the right profile and assign a like-minded Local Bolognese.
Keeping in mind your personal answers, your local host will put together a bespoke itinerary just for you. Please note that this will be outlined but flexible. Your host will arrange the most convenient meeting place for you.If you feel like changing direction during the meet-up, or if your local hostbelieves that you'd enjoy a sight or different experience, he/she will suggest and discuss with you changes to the itinerary.