Private City Tour Of Lychakiv Cemetery - Lviv
OverviewLychakiv Cemetery, officiallyState History and Culture Museum-Preserve Lychakiv Cemetery, is a famous and historic cemetery in Lviv Ukraine. Since its creation in 1787 as yczakowski Cemetery, it has been the main necropolis of the city'sintelligentsia,middleandupper classes.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Fully narrated tour
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tour
Initially the cemetery was located on several hills in the borough of Lychakiv, following the imperialAustro-Hungarianedict ordering that all cemeteries be moved outside of the city limits. The original project was prepared byKarol Bauer, the head of theLviv Universitybotanical garden. The Cemetery consist of: Field of Mars, NKVD victims' graves (1941 y.), Outstanding Poles Pantheon, The eldest graves, Main gates, 1863 January rebels' quarter, 18301831 November rebels' quarter, Ukrainian National Army Memorial, Lviv Defenders' Cemetery (Cemetery of Lww Eaglets).
Cemeteries are linked in a complicated manner with the political, social and cultural life of people. You will admire Chapels of Boims and Kampians gems of Renaissance architecture, the memorial Lychakiv Cemetery with a set of unique monuments of 18th 20th centuries, the Graveyards of Polish insurgents of 1831 and 1863, of soldiers of the Polish Ukrainian War of 1918 1919 and of the Second World War.
Ukrainian poet, writer, social and literary critic, journalist, economist, and political activist Ivan Franko. His grave has a stone character from one of his revolutionary poems a miner with a pick hitting a rock. Across from Ivan Franko is the grave of the well-known Ukrainian composer Stanislaw Liudkevych. The grave of another big name in music, the world famous Ukrainian opera singer of the early 20th century Solomiya Krushelnytska after whom the Lviv Opera House is now named.
Inclusions for Private City Tour Of Lychakiv Cemetery
- Private guided tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour - guide will pick-up you at the centrally located Hotel or apartment ofyour stay in Lviv
- Tour includes transportation by private car or minivan, minibus and pickup and hotel drop-off (except walking tour)
Exclusions for Private City Tour Of Lychakiv Cemetery
- Entrance fees (about 2US$ per person)
- Food and drinks
- Extra service
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 2-Hour Private Lviv Jewish History and Heritage Walking Tour
- Full-Day Private Lutsk, Tarakaniv Fort, and Tunnel of Love Tour from Lviv
- Mukacheve from Lviv including Palanok Castle and Castle Shenbornov Private Tour
- Customized Full-Day Tour of Lviv by Luxury Vehicle
- Private transfer Lviv AIRPORT - HOTEL in Lviv
- Private transfer Lviv's HOTEL - AIRPORT Lviv
- Half-Day Sightseeing Tour of Lviv
- Private City Tour of Lviv