Private Coastal Or Mountain Tour Of San Diego
OverviewRide in comfort in our windowless 7-passenger van with captain chairs, USB ports, speakers and cup holders by every seat. Discover the real beach culture of northern San Diego or enjoy the beautiful scenery and breathe in the country air.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourThe coastal tour begins at Cabrillo National Monument which has the best views of San Diego Harbor. The museum displays the artifacts from when Cabrillo landed in 1542. Up the hill to the first lighthouse in San Diego and the lighthouse museum. Steep drive down to the water and Sunset Cliffs in Ocean Beach. Past the bars and restaurants on Newport Ave into Mission Bay and Pacific Beach. Take a quiet stroll along the bay behind the Catamaran Hotel before crossing over to the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk on the ocean. Check out the old wooden Crystal Pier before heading to our furthermost northern beach town of Encinitas. A stop for lunch and then over to the beautiful tranquil gardens, Koi ponds and exquisite bluff views overlooking the Pacific Ocean. A short ride over to one of the best surfing spots in North County called Swami's. We descend the long spiral stairs down to the tidepools on the beach. Back in the van to cruise along Highway 101 through Cardiff, San Elijo, Solana Beach, Del Mar, Carmel Valley and up the grade into Torrey Pines.
At our next stop we watch the Hang Gliders and Parasailors soar off the cliffs at Torrey Pines Glider Port. Winding our way down to La Jolla Shores to watch the kayaks launch on their journey to the sea caves. Entering La Jolla Cove we are on top of the sea caves and walk down to Seal Beach where everyone can watch the seals playing in there native habitat. Back up to Prospect Street through downtown to La Jolla Blvd and on our way back to the hotel through Bird Rock and Pacific Beach.
For a completely different feel, opt to head east to the rural countryside and the old gold mining town of Julian, (a Unesco Heritage Sight) located at the junction of 3 different mountain ranges. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and breathe in the country air. After lunch and famous home grown apple pie and ice cream the tour will start the 2400 foot descent down to the desert floor and arrive atAnza Borrego State Park visitor's center. The largest desert state park in the nation. Catch the setting sun on our return to downtown.
Inclusions for Private Coastal Or Mountain Tour Of San Diego
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
Exclusions for Private Coastal Or Mountain Tour Of San Diego
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.